BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks to all who contributed to a thread last summer re K12r brake squeal. I finally got my dealer to order &fit the suggested parts and - fantastic - no squeal. Before this had had it 'fixed' twice by dealer (once when in France) squeal went for a few miles then returned. Fix was to replace some washers with rubberised ones.

Anyway big thanks to you all for the help. 2 new questions I'd like some help with:

Q: that exhaust is danm ugly. What's the best short can to fit?
Q: how many K12Rs now in UK? and where are you all??

Elli West Wales

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Hi elli,

I don't know what the best exhaust to fit is, but I fitted the Laser DuoTech and I'm quite happy with it, but a bit concerned about the sound. See this thread about that: http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2454

I'm near Oxford in UK, and I got my K-R about two weeks ago - can't wait for dry salt free roads! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that - I'm looking for something short and possibly triangular in shape!!
I don't really need any more power, (or noise) but aethetically want something a bit more easy on the eye than that big lump!

And they say size don't matter....!

Lovely day here in West Wales - 10 degrees and not raining! but my bike is at the back of the garage keeping warm and dry until spring and salt free roads are with us once again, won't be long now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts