BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you can use the Ram GPS holder on the Bmw Mount. I used a ram mount on myk1200rs and loved it. I was so easy to take the Gps off When I needed to.

If you use the Garmain GPS Mount doen't a srcrew hold the GPS to the mount. I want a mount that is easy to slide the Gps off.

The other solution would be to Remove the GPS and the BMW Mount. Is that easy? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My bike is suppouse to be out of production by the 3rd. I cannot wait and should have the bike by the end of August or sooner.

Retroboy

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Yes, you can.

Any mount with a standard AMPS pattern will mount to the BMW Mount.

In fact, the first pictures of the K1200GT BMW mount included the RAM slide in mount.

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which mount are you using and the Ram Mount

The Ram Slide in Mount only has holes for 2 screws but i am sure that would hold. Do you know if the new ones have a four hole pattern.

Retroboy

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Oh that's right. You mean this one, right?

let me go find that picture that was first posted....

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks love that Gps Holder.

Thanks for the picture. That Gps holder is the best. It so easy to slide the mount on and off.

Retroboy

·
Registered
65 Posts
The BMW GPS mount hole pattern does NOT line up with the RAM mount holes (at least mine didn't). But all that was necessary was to drill one hole in the BMW mount, no biggie!

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
think diagonal.

The Garmin mounts and Ram diamond balls are AMPS.

Don't try to put it like -- or | ...think / or \ ...It'll go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts