Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is here......
it arrived 10 minutes ago
they will PDI the bike by lunch tomorrow
they will put on the large top case and NAV III
the motolights will be done at the 600 mile service

thanks to everyone for listening to my bitching....
i am pathetic.... i know

·
Registered
197 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
The bike is here......
it arrived 10 minutes ago
they will PDI the bike by lunch tomorrow
they will put on the large top case and NAV III
the motolights will be done at the 600 mile service

thanks to everyone for listening to my bitching....
i am pathetic.... i know
YEAH BABY!!!!
congrats

·
133 Posts
Now its mine turn

My bike still has not been invoiced and I am growing a little tired. My bike was built the first week the factory went back into production. BMW needs a crash course on Customer Satisfaction. The dealership claimed they called the regional director and he is investigating.

Retroboy.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Fuckin'-A, bubba!

Glad to see you got it in --- FINALLY. :D

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Did you help unload the crate, open it and inspect to see that you got the correct one ????
Congrats on joining our special fraternity.

BMW Manhattan has been fooling around with their computer in order to do my
7.0 upgrade. Supposedly, they are finishing it up as I type this. Hopefully, they will call to say "files done!" and I can go pick it up before they close. If not, tomorrow, when we are expecting rain. And I do not like to start off in raingear...

TSleep well, take a shower, in the AM, shave and put on your best riding duds before you pick up your bike.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Congratulations. You will not be disappointed.

Today was the first day I rode to work. On the way 75 to 80mph thorugh suburban/urban sprawl. All on Bay Area freeway traffic. Felt comfortable the whole way. THe ride got a bit bumpy, then I noticed the ESA was on sport, changed it Comfort, effen great. THe bike went where I wanted it to go.

The ride home will require sport, cause I'm going the back way. Several hills up to a thousand or so feet of elevation dropping down into narrow canyons. This is where I'll be 10 minutes after I leave work:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Berkeleyfromclaremont800x600.jpg

"Honey, I'll be late for dinner"

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hallelujah - Congratulations, it's a boy (Oops, sorry, wrong message. It just seemed like a nine month wait :D )

Now, no getting carried away - treat it gently (YEH, RIGHT!!)

Go enjoy :) :) :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Greg,

Glad to hear you got your bike.....

...ok, so now I can take Greg's place driving everyone nuts (I mean, updating everyone about the status of my bike) so my wife doesn't have to hear it anymore :rotf:

As of yesterday, I'm bike-less for the first time in approximately 20 years....and feeling a little ... um... exposed? :eek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
retroboy said:
My bike still has not been invoiced and I am growing a little tired. My bike was built the first week the factory went back into production. BMW needs a crash course on Customer Satisfaction. The dealership claimed they called the regional director and he is investigating.

Retroboy.
well.....
i can't believe you haven't heard today
BMW, north america's computer.... checked today.... shows that MY bike was to be AT MY DEALER on AUGUST 5.
....... it arrived today... on the 13th

1-800-831-1117
get a motorcycle cust. serv. rep
they can track your bike by VIN...
i promise

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eljeffe said:
Fuckin'-A, bubba!

Glad to see you got it in --- FINALLY. :D
Jeff, my friend
i was beginning to think that i was more likely to give birth to the baby that must be growing in my enlarging stomach than ever seeing this bike

but.....
tomorrow, by lunch time..
i'll be riding down the road

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
larrykay said:
Did you help unload the crate, open it and inspect to see that you got the correct one ????
Congrats on joining our special fraternity.

BMW Manhattan has been fooling around with their computer in order to do my
7.0 upgrade. Supposedly, they are finishing it up as I type this. Hopefully, they will call to say "files done!" and I can go pick it up before they close. If not, tomorrow, when we are expecting rain. And I do not like to start off in raingear...

TSleep well, take a shower, in the AM, shave and put on your best riding duds before you pick up your bike.
i hope that the weather tomorrow is better than today.....
it rained... albeit lightly, ALL day today

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hazard said:
Congratulations. You will not be disappointed.

Today was the first day I rode to work. On the way 75 to 80mph thorugh suburban/urban sprawl. All on Bay Area freeway traffic. Felt comfortable the whole way. THe ride got a bit bumpy, then I noticed the ESA was on sport, changed it Comfort, effen great. THe bike went where I wanted it to go.

The ride home will require sport, cause I'm going the back way. Several hills up to a thousand or so feet of elevation dropping down into narrow canyons. This is where I'll be 10 minutes after I leave work:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Berkeleyfromclaremont800x600.jpg

"Honey, I'll be late for dinner"

ah.....
great picture
thanks for the update on your enjoyment on the GT
i'll have a full report tomorrow

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chrisdy said:
Hallelujah - Congratulations, it's a boy (Oops, sorry, wrong message. It just seemed like a nine month wait :D )

Now, no getting carried away - treat it gently (YEH, RIGHT!!)

Go enjoy :) :) :)
thanks, chris
i surely plan to give her the El Jeffe and "Just Joe" break in :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
messenger13 said:
We want to see pics with that big goofy grin on your face!!!

Like this one...
well,
at MY height, i better take that picture standing on THIS side of the bike... :rotf:
i'll have that picture... i promise

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mjkuhno said:
Greg,

Glad to hear you got your bike.....

...ok, so now I can take Greg's place driving everyone nuts (I mean, updating everyone about the status of my bike) so my wife doesn't have to hear it anymore :rotf:

As of yesterday, I'm bike-less for the first time in approximately 20 years....and feeling a little ... um... exposed? :eek:
please tell your wife that i'm sorry :)
sorry for my lunacy regarding the delivery

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congratulations

Congratulations Greg , I have enjoyed you keeping us informed about your bike . Mine also came today at Touring Sports , Greenville , S.C. a graphite . Please continue to let us know about the joyful riding . GOD Bless , Charles Fridy , Laurens , S.C.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fridy said:
Congratulations Greg , I have enjoyed you keeping us informed about your bike . Mine also came today at Touring Sports , Greenville , S.C. a graphite . Please continue to let us know about the joyful riding . GOD Bless , Charles Fridy , Laurens , S.C.

ah...
we have the same bike
glad your's came today as well
i'm so excited about taking a nice ride... we ought to meet half-way, perhaps

it's been raining for hours here today
i can't wait to see tomorrow's weather

·
Registered
135 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
well.....
i can't believe you haven't heard today
BMW, north america's computer.... checked today.... shows that MY bike was to be AT MY DEALER on AUGUST 5.
....... it arrived today... on the 13th

1-800-831-1117
get a motorcycle cust. serv. rep
they can track your bike by VIN...
i promise
OK, so now taking Greg's place in this thread.

Greg, you've inspired me - called BMW customer relations....

....waiting.....waiting.....waiting.....waiting :wtf

I guess an 800 number doesn't mean anything but east coast time.

Maybe I'll try tomorrow.

BTW - my wife laughed when I told her about this, and said you're all welcome for her taking the brunt of my frustration! ;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts