BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

The F800ST

5K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Popeye 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I would imagine that with the "price adjustment" that BMW just made to the F650 (cutting as much as $1200 off the current MSRP), I would expect that the F800ST will be just shy of $10,000. I would expect a base price of $9,499 and if you spec it out with all the options (assuming that the bike will have an option list like the other bikes), it will be closer to $11,499.

It's got to be under $10,000 or it will be VERY DIFFICULT to sell in the US. I can actually see BMW using this bike as a loss-leader to get people into other BMW motorcycles. I heard a stat regarding BMW ownership. Once you become a BMW owner, you will own on average 2.7 BMW motorcycles over your lifetime.

#4 ·
Well I would sure like a .7 of another bike to add to my 1 :)

Just noticed...that oil filter sure is kind of "hanging out there". I would be suprised if they sold well if they were at the 10k mark here in the states. Also don't like the K-S style bags (funtionality wise), my 2 cents. Any idea if they be offering a GS version like the 650?

#5 ·
I don't know what you guys think but I must say, I really like what BMW has been doing in reference to the design of their motorcycles these days.

In the last couple of years they have released an entirely revamped line of bikes. Almost every one of them is a hit on some level with me. Aside from the appearance of the R1200ST and F650CS, I like they're whole new product line and could find excitement in owning any of them. That's really an amazing statement coming from me. I don't think there is another motorcycle manufacturer out there I could say that about.

#10 ·
Yet to see a rear-left view of the F800, but this is definately a bike I'd like to own... light, fun bike for the short trips to work/town...

Gotta agree with Mark5lam - Liking all the new Beems exept for the R1200 ST...

Have already owned 2 Beemers, so I only have .7 to go till I'm "average" ...hmmm does the C2 count as .7 of a bike? :)

#12 ·
Bike for the wife??

My wife loves riding on the back of the GT and is getting more and more into it. We finally did some peg scraping this weekend. If I can get her to add a bike to her stable (in addition to the horses), this might be just the right bike for her. She's 5'4". Any thoughts or suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.