BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
Dropped my KGT at the dealership for the service and warranty job/airbox and shock absorber replacement/ today - had a blast riding it there:). But need advice.
What is the latest verision of the software related to the new airbox? Is it 9.2 or 10.xx?

TIA

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
I have version 10, but I think ver 11 is just becoming available in some parts of the world.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
11.x on mine.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, mates!

I was told about 9.2 - this is not what I want?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
As far as I know you need at least version 10.x or better with the new box. (Possibly 11 or better?) I just got mine back yesterday and so far am happy with it. It has version 11.x. The tech couldn't remember what the "x" was. But if I were you I'd make them give me 11 or better.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robert_W said:
But if I were you I'd make them give me 11 or better.

Yes, this is what I am trying to get out of them - version 10.xx or better.
Should I wait till the 40Kkm valve clearance check and combine it with airbox replacement? There are about 5 Kkm/3Kmi left only?

·
Registered
838 Posts
easyman05 said:
Yes, this is what I am trying to get out of them - version 10.xx or better.
Should I wait till the 40Kkm valve clearance check and combine it with airbox replacement? There are about 5 Kkm/3Kmi left only?
If its running all right, I'd wait. Why have them peel it all apart twice?

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SKIZIKS said:
If its running all right, I'd wait. Why have them peel it all apart twice?

That's what I asked them to do today. To change the shock absorber, oil, filter, brake fluid, clutch actuator fluid and not to touch the airbox!
Next time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts