Registered
128 Posts
No Way... I'm with Diggity :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RustyJC said:
I'll have some of whatever Mr. Dogg is drinking!!

Rusty
I think a lot of people are responding to the flat — um, bad word — dull photos of the GT that BMW distributed when the bike was announced. I've seen it up close at the IMS show and I've seen pictures like the attached, and, hey, it's not so bad. It's faster and lighter than the 2004 GT that I just sold, and it looks like it may be more comfortable. There are some quirks to the styling, but that's true for most BMWs — the K1200R, for instance. When I first saw the pictures, I was pretty down on the GT. But I've grown to like it, and I expect that many others will, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
New GT

The release pics of the white GT make it look retro. Sorta like a new version of the original KRS circa 1985ish. The user pic makes the bike look a lot better. Smoother even. I like it. Give em a couple years on the road and I'll probably be looking at the used market.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My first BMW was a 1986 K75C that I purchased used in 1987. I liked the looks OK, but what I loved was the way it rode and sounded. I was hooked on that bike- so much so, in fact that my 'bridge' bike now (while waiting for the K12GT to get here) is a '94 K75Rt. I have test ridden everything BMW has to offer, and just recently sold my '02 R1150GS- I can't find anything I enjoy more that the K75. I tried so hard to get an '03 or '04 Gt, but could not get over the ergos and the heavy steering/weight. For me, if the bike fits me and does on the road what I want, the looks can be worked on. I did work on the looks of my K75C (added S belly pan, etc), but wanted to because the bike worked so well for me. So I am hoping that the new GT is what I have been waiting so long for- a spirited sport tourer that fits me and handles like a dream. If it is that, then I will have 'beer goggles' for that bike.

·
Registered
143 Posts
"Its not so bad" that is like when you are set up for blind date and they tell you she has a great personallity.

·
Registered
504 Posts
mcwaldeck said:
I tried so hard to get an '03 or '04 Gt, but could not get over the ergos and the heavy steering/weight.
The "new" GT is less than 40 lbs lighter than the current one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the looks are fine. Very conservative but I don't want a Beemer for flash. Leave that to the chopper guys. My test sit found the riding position to be very comfortable. AND it has full size saddle bags .... on both sides!!

I'm seriously considering replaceing my K12LT with the new GT.
but, I've got to test ride one first. :ricky

·
Registered
290 Posts
MIMrBill said:
The release pics of the white GT make it look retro. Sorta like a new version of the original KRS circa 1985ish. The user pic makes the bike look a lot better. Smoother even. I like it. Give em a couple years on the road and I'll probably be looking at the used market.
Actually, it is the 1953 Chevy instruments that make it look "retro". Other than these (which in my opinion look utterly out of place and rather absurd), I like the bike very much.

Bob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts