BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...it only took 5 weeks of looking, But I finally found my bike!! A near mint 99 K1200RS, Silver and blue. Bmw cases, 5.5 rear wheel and it has throttelmeister cruise control. 13,237 mileson her and just had the 12k service done. I just wanted to tell all you guys that have been helping out along the way THANKS!!....I wont get the bike the bike till the 18th but its all mine. Its in Milwalkiee, Im in ohio...a mear 350 miles away.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I like that color. You'll love it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Heres the kicker...Got the Bike for 7k. I couldnt pass it up! :ricky

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Armyguy1128 said:
. Its in Milwalkiee, Im in ohio...a mear 350 miles away.
You can do that before breakfast. :ricky

Congrat's on the new (to you ) bike.

Keep a close eye on the speedo on your way home, these things
are deceptively smooth and you'll be in the "arrest me right now" zone
if you aren't careful.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congratulations. That's just about a year after I got mine and I paid a little more. But then again, mine is Dakar yellow. :D

I wish you luck with the weather when you pick it up! I had to trailer mine because it was snowing the day we met in southern Minnesota. Roads were like ice so I could inspect but not ride. But it looked great and has *not* disappointed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Congrats!

Way cool! That's always been my favorite color for a krs. Hope to meet you on the road one day. Enjoy!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Congrats,very glad to hear you found one,looks really good,I'm sure you will love it.One of the previous post is right,hard to not run very fast on these bikes,radar detector is a good first add on.If you every want to ride in KY let me know.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Congrats on the purchase...

Not sure if I know where you are picking up the bike. Your post states "Its in Milwalkiee, Im in ohio...a mear 350 miles away."
If you're in Milwaukee, WI that Saturday (18th) and want to buzz the city, hit the BMW dealership or get lunch (brewery tour or whatever) before hitting the road back to Toledo, OH let me know.
FYI, if you have to go through downtown Milwaukee the freeway is a major construction\rebuild project. Comming in from 94 West will be a piece of cake once you get through Gary\Chicago no major work until near downtown area.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks Great

Enjoy the bike brother, she's a beauty! I am sure you will put on many a smiling mile. Good luck with the weather. Later

Stu B

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the invite

Map quest has me bi-passing all that mess. That sounds good if time permits. I got a little guy to get back to... 9 days old....4 weeks early. Thanks for the invite!!

Attachments

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
What a great color! Heed what they say about your speed...however fast you think you're going...you're going a lot faster (and this includes your corner entries). It was explained to me that this is what the cruise control is for...to help keep you from speeding all the time. Enjoy.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Congrats on the real new addition to your family...

Armyguy1128 said:
Map quest has me bi-passing all that mess. That sounds good if time permits. I got a little guy to get back to... 9 days old....4 weeks early. Thanks for the invite!!
I'm sure little Mike will appreciate the new toy you're picking up when he get's a little older.

Caption for picture:

"Oh... that's what you mean when you say 'Pull my finger', hey dad, pull my finger about 45 minutes after I eat."

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice machine!

Hello Armyguy
I know you are going to pick up a very nice machine!...reason I know , is that I bought a 1999 RS silver/blue 4 months ago. Exactly the same paint scheme.
It is a fast bike, deceptively so. I have riden about 2500 miles on it and am finally getting use to it. Passing on the freeway is effortless. 100 mph is like taking a nap on the couch. When you put the brake on, it is like arresting hocks on an aircraft carrier. And guess what, no front end dive!!!!.
I have done a few things to mine since I got it, such as repadded seat (more leg room) extra loud horn, extra rear tail lights thermeter.
Do enjoy.
Post a note when you get it and let us know what you think of your new ride

Plastics
99 K1200RS silver/blue

·
Registered
250 Posts
Armyguy,that is one cute son you got there.I like the picture but I saw one I liked better,was going to show my wife,its not there.Thought you might post it here maybe it would be appreciated here. I thought it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here the little one!!

What a shit head!! I might be in trouble in a couple of years!!

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Caption for son taking nap...

Armyguy1128 said:
This caption should read: "Oh yeah, old man gets a new bike and I get flashbulbs while I try to take a nap. Yeah my old man is number one in my book! hehehe"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Armyguy1128 said:
Congrats on the baby & new toy!!!

I just got my toy in December and I am loving it, my son is now 20 mo-old (second is in the oven), never would have imagined being a dad would be so much fun!!

Excuse the Hardly Dangerous shirt, one of his uncles is a HD rider ;-)

·
Registered
56 Posts
congratulations and happy rides

Enjoy your blue and silvery machine!
<any happy rides under blue skies,
All the best,
From Holland, Europe,

Peter

1 - 20 of 21 Posts