• I only reciprocate

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • Beemer riders only

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sportbikes only

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • All except scooters and touring

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • All riders, police and scooters included.

Votes: 171 82.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always get waved from sport bikers, never from HD's or touring bikes (wings, LT's, etc).

So, question for all of you:

Who do you wave at?
Scooters?
Sport bikers?
Everyone?
What about Motorcycle Police on R1200's?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The HD guys who don't wave are posers and not worth the time or effort. REAL motorcyclists will wave regardless of what you're riding.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone ever have a motorcycle cop wave back? :D
What about a motorcycle cop speed past you while you're cruising at 85mph on a fairly empty freeway? lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Need a separate category --- all riders except HD. :) Actually I get along with the hardcore HD guys, it's just the HD posers that don't wave.

Waved at a BMW cop today... while in my car! Couldn't help it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
2up wingers are funny-usually the SO on the pillion waves, the driver is apparently too
occupied with his stereo, gps, bluetooth, aux lighting & trip computer.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
aznatama said:
What about a motorcycle cop speed past you while you're cruising at 85mph on a fairly empty freeway? lol
I wave to all riders, unless there are so many that it becomes impractical.

That includes motorcycle cops. Many motorcycle cops have waved back; my guess is approximately one in four waves back. When they don't wave back, sometimes I think it is because they have other concerns at the time. Other times, I suspect that they have been carefully trained to avoid distractions and never remove their hands from the handlebars. Perhaps one of the motorcycle cops on the forum can enlighten us further.

As to being passed by a motorcycle cop while cruising at 85 mph on an empty freeway, the answer is no.

·
Registered
650 Posts
In OZ your more likely to get a "nod" than a wave.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have to admit that I get kind of tired of waving at all the weekend warriors. I keep wondering where they've been all winter while I'm commuting to work. I do wave to everyone though. Yes, even scooters! My wife has a Yamaha Majesty scooter and I admit I get a huge grin on my face every time I ride it! I especially like to wave at the dual-sport guys because they all looked shocked by being waved at. Oh, and all my county's MC cops wave.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wave at all riders, and have yet to see a moto that has not waved back.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Just remembered... I once Just for the hell of it waved back with an open hand way up hi and back and forth like a Noob wave... and as they went with their nonchalaunt two fingers off the grip wave ... I turned around still waving.....THE LOOK!...I couldnt stop laughing....You gotta try it sometime

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have to admit that I only wave when waved to... Too many bikers (HD) in Jersey couldn't be bothered I guess so I just quit initiating the jesture. :spank1:

·
Registered
17 Posts
aznatama said:

I wave at most riders. Scooters are kind of a grey area. Since I'm usually riding a Ural, I pretty often get the wave back, which is nice.

I wave at the police, too. Never been passed that way by the police, but a couple times in France I was able to sneak in behind the motor cops in heavy traffic and take advantage of the path they cleared. I don't think they appreciated it, but I took the nearest exit before they could do anything.

M

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Mark_MB750M said:
I wave at the police, too. Never been passed that way by the police, but a couple times in France I was able to sneak in behind the motor cops in heavy traffic and take advantage of the path they cleared. I don't think they appreciated it, but I took the nearest exit before they could do anything.

M
In France they probably didn't care, as "filtering" is expected and even encouraged in most of Europe.
Nirvana here in California is when you get the CHP moto leading the "lane sharing" posse during commute traffic. The amount of room they create is unbelievable. :ricky

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
17 Posts
Razel said:
In France they probably didn't care, as "filtering" is expected and even encouraged in most of Europe.
Nirvana here in California is when you get the CHP moto leading the "lane sharing" posse during commute traffic. The amount of room they create is unbelievable. :ricky
Yes, I really enjoyed being able to lane-split over there. When 'les flics' do it, it's like the Red Sea parting - and a pleasure to take advantage of it.

M

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Most people still can't distinguish between the old Kawasaki Police 1000's and the new updated BMW/Honda/HD police motorcycles. I've seen more than a handful of people on old decommissioned black and white Kawasaki's and BMW's riding with white 3/4 helmets and all-black riding gear parting the red sea of traffic just as well as any current motorcycle cop.

:-D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts