BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 100 calls and 300 post the bike was invoiced early today. I am hoping that it will be at the dealership by Wend or Thursday.

Does anybody know if the bike is invoiced does that mean it has been put on A Truck ?. I

Retroboy

·
Registered
68 Posts
retroboy said:
After 100 calls and 300 post the bike was invoiced early today. I am hoping that it will be at the dealership by Wend or Thursday.

Does anybody know if the bike is invoiced does that mean it has been put on A Truck ?. I

Retroboy
i'm SO sorry that your bike has taken so long to arrive
and... yes... "invoiced" means... it's on a truck

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The claim bmw messed up the paperwork.

If the bike is on a truck then i should have it by Thursday or Friday. They said they would have it ready 24 hours after arrival.

Retroboy

·
Registered
68 Posts
grifscoots said:
How about some advice for us that are still in agony?
be prepared to be SWEPT OFF OF YOUR FEET by this amazing bike
all the hype.....
it is ridiculous
but.......
i've NEVER seen a bike MORE than live up to its LOFTY EXPECTATIONS, IMHO

·
Registered
68 Posts
MassGT said:
Greg wait until you put a few thousand on it and you put on some real rubber on it.
The WOW factor goes up to new heights.
i imagine that you are quite correct......

so, what "real" rubber do YOU suggest?

·
Registered
433 Posts
My bike was invoiced On sept 1 in the late afterrnoon, with a vin 30 less that clearwater. On Tuesday the 5th my dealer says probabaly will not see it for a week. I live in California. Wedenday the 6'th he calls me and sez its here late afternoon. I picked it up sat am the 8th.

One thing is it came across in a big double trailer semi, then gets deliverd to him in a bobcat, after going through a "depot." Based on that he beleives it was on the truck before invoiced, and BMW was behind in paperwork.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
messenger13 said:
Joe,

I'm barely getting 4000 miles out of the Avons. No better than the Z6. I think I'm going to try the Pilot Roads next time. If that doesn't give me what I'm looking for, I'll probably go back to the best tire that worked for me on the LT -- the BT-020

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
eljeffe said:
Joe,

I'm barely getting 4000 miles out of the Avons. No better than the Z6. I think I'm going to try the Pilot Roads next time. If that doesn't give me what I'm looking for, I'll probably go back to the best tire that worked for me on the LT -- the BT-020
Hhmmn... I've got 2K on these Avons, and I surely have at least 4K left on them. I don't mind the rear 020, but that front 020 SUCKS! Not the mileage, but the way it wears the last 1/3 of it's life.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just removed the suck ass BT's and put on the Pilot Powers for my trip to Deals Gap. I know when I get home that they will be more than likely ready for the junk yard. But I don't care !!! Just when you think the new girl has given you all she can. She goes and surprises you. This bike now just falls into corners. You just have to hang on for the ride.
GOD I wish I could ride all year long. I love New Enland but the older I get the more I hate winter.

·
Registered
68 Posts
eljeffe said:
Joe,

the BT-020s seem to be quite sticky and really well matched to the bike

·
Registered
135 Posts
retroboy said:

Retroboy
Congrats on the invoicing!! It seems that the waiting is even worse now knowing it's real close, doesn't it??

I also heard yesterday that mine has been invoiced. Of course, that's AFTER my wife pointed out the Graphite GT that was sitting on the floor of the dealership!!!! :wtf

I asked my sales rep if my eye was visually twitching and then pointed to the Graphite bike. Apparently, it was ordered before mine, and it was built earlier (one week?).

In any case, the bike was invoiced Friday - which I HOPE means it'll arrive at my dealer on Monday, and I can pick up Tuesday.

Man, this is really killing me.....but soon she'll be mine......and I'll be :ricky

1 - 15 of 15 Posts