BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know where some of you where when this TV series was out..but I was sitting in my down stairs college dorm watching these episodes and flipping over waiting for my birthday number to be pulled for the Vietnam draft...

http://tulsatvmemories.com/bronson.html

Well we can see these reruns again on Speed Channel on Fridays at 8pm.

So where were some of you in 1969-1970..??

·
Registered
200 Posts
I want it

Name your price for a copy of the movie. Watched as a teen and need to see it again. As I remember it kinda changed my life.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've never copied from the TiVo to a VHS or DVD. I'd be interested to try though. I'll see what I can do.

OTOH, consider getting SpeedTV. There's so many good shows on there!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I watch speed channel whenever I have access. Just can't quite bring myself to get cable or a dish. Used to think I was balanced not watching so much TV, now it seems I am a freak. Soon I be forced to get a flat screen and some kind of hook up. Might get me off the computer some!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Bronson, man, it was my favorite. What a cool dude. I also was waiting for my number...it was #17. Michael Parks, I believe is the actor.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
fastjohnny said:
Bronson, man, it was my favorite. What a cool dude. I also was waiting for my number...it was #17. Michael Parks, I believe is the actor.
Michael Parks...got it in one. My number was 220, and they only got as high as 187 that year I was "eligible". Only year, too, that it was higher than 40...but I liked watching the series while it lasted.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063955/ said:
The sort of show that simply wouldn't make it to television today, "Then Came Bronson" told quiet, lyrical, sometimes comic, sometimes dramatic stories about a young man traveling through America in search of personal meaning; unlike many attempts at this theme, the show was never heavy-handed, offering intelligent, often quirky character portraits of the people Jim Bronson encountered. The viewers always came away with a rewarding, thought-provoking experience. It's a pity both the pilot film & the individual episodes aren't available on video or DVD. Shows of this caliber may be born of their particular time, but their substance is timeless.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was in high school. This movie and the weekly TV series are what got me hooked on bikes. Michael Parks was too cool.

Favorite line, besides the "hang in there" was from a weekly show where he was trying to get a job:

Employer: What's your name?

Bronson: Jim.

Employer: What's your FULL name?

Bronson: James.

Just like him. Way too cool.

·
Registered
528 Posts
aa3jy said:
Don't know where some of you where when this TV series was out..but I was sitting in my down stairs college dorm watching these episodes and flipping over waiting for my birthday number to be pulled for the Vietnam draft...

http://tulsatvmemories.com/bronson.html

Well we can see these reruns again on Speed Channel on Fridays at 8pm.

So where were some of you in 1969-1970..??
Bought tickets to Woodstock...Nobody was there to take them
Number 312

1 - 10 of 10 Posts