BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There she is... my new baby... :) Very pleased so far... apart from the weather. Rode her home and immediately washed the salt off... in the snow... :(

Give me warm days and dry tarmac! :teeth

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Outstanding!!!

You've been waiting long enough. Good to see you've finally got your new ride.

Any impressions on this vs the GS yet or is to too early to ask?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats!!!

Bet your wishing for an early spring!

Do you have any modifications in mind?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NakedRider, yeah... finally :D :D It's a bit too early to go into details, but the KR feels so planted, but I don't think I had her up much beyond 7,000rpm... It feels like sitting on a huuge engine. My GSX-R1000 days are coming back to me :teeth

Slow2go, Thanks!! :D

IgnoreAmos, oh, like you wouldn't believe!!! I hate the salt - I can live with the cold and the slippery roads, and to an extent with the crud n cr*p, but my heart can't take another bike being sacrificed to the evil gods of salt... :( Please, spring time NOW! :D
Modifications will probably be limited as I usually think that the ROI :p is quite low, but I'd love to pamper this bike with modifications. Such as, New Can/Exhaust, Airbox Mod (sounds like a very good one to make!), maybe bellypan and single seat... :teeth :teeth

raffyk, Thanks! :D

Today's weather looks just as bad as yesterdays,... :( All I would have wanted for is a bit of dry-time - just to get a bit of feel for her. I guess I'll spend my day mounting the Geodesy GPS camera detector and my GPS holder... :rolleyes:

Next w/e is supposed to be better... :cool: :bmw:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry for the weather and not to rub it in...

but it's suppose to be another 75+ deg day again here in Tucson (like about the whole previous week) and I'm on my way out to meet up with a dozen or so sportbike guys to ride (my dirtbike buddies are wondering why I've abandon'd them...). Just put on the Schnitzer headlight cover and bellypan- so here's my mod's to my KR so far...

Akrapovic Exhaust
Evo peg lowering kit
Evo billit clutch slave cylinder
Evo intake kit
Evo Blue light kit
KTM 950 Handguards
Schnitzer Headlight cover and Bellypan

I'll get some pics up sometime later today.

·
Registered
209 Posts
TheJoker said:
NakedRider, yeah... finally :D :D It's a bit too early to go into details, but the KR feels so planted, but I don't think I had her up much beyond 7,000rpm... It feels like sitting on a huuge engine. My GSX-R1000 days are coming back to me :teeth
I'm hoping you have some high speed turns close by. In slow turns or swithbacks your GS will have felt lighter and easier to throw around. But once the speed gets up or the cornering angles get REAL extreme you'll be very happy with this bike.

You now have a bike with much stickier tires, more stability at high speed, much more power, and the best front end in motorcycling.

I don't do a lot of hanging off in the street I just pitch the bike down and feel my way around the turns with my toe scrapers. This is the first bike I've ever owned that doesn't scare me when you are all the way down scraping toes only to find it's a decreasing radius turn and you need to lean further. Your first tendency, which is wrong, is to back off on the gas. With this bike you just lean more and it doesn't freak you out.

You're going to be soooo happy when the streets get dry.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ignore Amos said:
but it's suppose to be another 75+ deg day again here in Tucson (like about the whole previous week) and I'm on my way out to meet up with a dozen or so sportbike guys to ride (my dirtbike buddies are wondering why I've abandon'd them...). Just put on the Schnitzer headlight cover and bellypan- so here's my mod's to my KR so far...

Akrapovic Exhaust
Evo peg lowering kit
Evo billit clutch slave cyclinder
Evo intake kit
Evo Blue light kit
KTM 950 Handguards
Schnitzer Headlight over and Bellypan

I'll get some pics up sometime later today.
Sounds like your bike is REALLY shaping up. Here's my bet on your ride with the sportbikes today. You won't have any problem keeping up with any of them. Unless the speeds get 120 + I don't think anyone is going to be pulling away from you in the turns or the straight aways.

I've gotten some major double-takes from guys on the new litre bikes lately when I've stayed right with them thru the canyon runs. One guy on a Repsol rep that is a racer came over to me at a stop-off and said "you didn't seem to have any problems comming up the hill". One of the best compliments I ever had. There were only three bikes in the "lead pack" on that ride - the Repsol, a GSX 750 and myself. I followed the 750 and everytime the road straightened out he would nail it. So would I. I pulled him in everytime.

BTW, I'm envious of your weather. I can't really open mine up right now due to damp roads. Maybe next week. Do you have some nice twisties where you are in AZ??

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice, man. Congrats.

Snow's no good, but the R does fine in the rain. I commute on it every day and w/ the exception of the occassional puckering manhole cover, it's solid.
Come on, springtime.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mattlamotte said:
Nice, man. Congrats.

Snow's no good, but the R does fine in the rain. I commute on it every day and w/ the exception of the occassional puckering manhole cover, it's solid.
Come on, springtime.
Thanks! :D Even if it was slippery salty and wet yesterday I did enjoy the stability of the bike... Cool! :cool: It's the salt that I just can't stand...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.