BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had an unpleasant experience(s) at a local dealer having my GT serviced. I have used them for service in support of their already difficult financial plight.

However, I think this site could serve its members by having a complied list of trained/qualified mechanics who might be willing to service your bike. Experience on this 'site' is immense and I am sure many are qualified. I certainly would utilize any mechanic who I have come to know instead of these new 20 year old techs who have very little concern; they certainly are not as attentive as you would be.

So I propose to have a listing based on region and what one is willing to do. Hopefully, participation is such that I can even have an option other than the dreadful dealer.

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
Installers

cascjung said:
.....So I propose to have a listing based on region and what one is willing to do. Hopefully, participation is such that I can even have an option other than the dreadful dealer.
Great idea! we're part way there. Under the Accessories, Gadgets, Gear and Assistance forum look at Anonymous installers (currently empty). This will be the future location for people willing to assist with service, repair, or beverage disposition.

Until then, check out the archives for Anonymous Installers :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds good

But what's a qualified mechanic? I'd like to see a list of dealers who have certified factory trained mechanics on board.........I think if the dealer has enough balls to spend 10K on getting a mechanic trained by BMW.....he should at least be acknowledged by being listed somewhere as to having someone who knows the difference between the crown jewels and a crown ball joint...

·
Registered
300 Posts
downn2 said:
But what's a qualified mechanic? I'd like to see a list of dealers who have certified factory trained mechanics on board.........I think if the dealer has enough balls to spend 10K on getting a mechanic trained by BMW.....he should at least be acknowledged by being listed somewhere as to having someone who knows the difference between the crown jewels and a crown ball joint...

Don't worry if you break down around St. Louis because there is only one beemer dealer and I will get you there even tho I am not a qualified mechanic or have an approved truck/trailer by beemer.
The board has an installers list which means most of us can fix simple problems but mostly we put our names and numbers of so you don't stay stranded on the road. It wouldn't hurt to list list BMW dealers by states and towns but the PTB (powers that be) have to set it up and we the people can fill in the blanks.
Later == Bobby

·
Registered
16 Posts
lytnin said:
Don't worry if you break down around St. Louis because there is only one beemer dealer and I will get you there even tho I am not a qualified mechanic or have an approved truck/trailer by beemer.
The board has an installers list which means most of us can fix simple problems but mostly we put our names and numbers of so you don't stay stranded on the road. It wouldn't hurt to list list BMW dealers by states and towns but the PTB (powers that be) have to set it up and we the people can fill in the blanks.
Later == Bobby
I'm in Dallas, which has only one BMW dealer you could say.....cause the dealer also sells 5 different other makes of bikes......the BMW only occupy about a 1/5 of the show room floor....Yes, they have two mechanics. My only problem is, how on earth can someone keep up with all the service advisories, not to mention the continuing education requirements to maintain their certified BMW mechanic rating, while at the same time keep up with 4 other manufactures advisories, etc for no other reason that to satisfy a greedy dealer's pocketbook...........It's damn impossible! Meaning, their mechanics aren't BMW certified...Yea, they can probably fix most problems, but they'd have to fit you in between the Trumphs, Ducatis,Aprillas,Motto Guzziss, and god know what other makes the dealer might have added. And God help ya if one of the mechanics decide to retire or leave the day before your come struggling in and there's some new kid back there who's only experience is with Harleys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts