BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so what is a video worth?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-372739768838003929&hl=en

I couldn't see an easy way to embed the video in the post...

The 2nd generation K1200GT is a stunning bike. On the one hand it's a year-round mile-munching touring bike, happy to despatch 500 miles of motorway in any weather without any aches and pains, and on the other it's a sporty machine that will happily deliver huge fun on really nadgery twisty roads, in spite of its size and weight compared with a sports tourer like a VFR or a Sprint ST.

I could post a video of doing 500 miles on the superslab, but...well, where's the fun in that...

I had a first generation GT and it was horrible in every respect. Not very comfortable on the slab, terrible in town and a complete nightmare on the road featured in the video let alone anything tighter. BMW were very lucky to get any more of my money after that expensive debacle, but luckily an R1200GS positively revised my opinion of the marque, and the 2007 GT SE has definitely not disappointed either! Well, so far...

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Nice, although it appears that you had the camera mounted wrong. The film
turned out making you look like you were on the wrong side of the road. :teeth

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shook sez said:
Nice, although it appears that you had the camera mounted wrong. The film
turned out making you look like you were on the wrong side of the road. :teeth
:D

You must be from the colonies...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pace

Very good video, you seem to pick up the pace in the last 5 minuets of the film, what speeds were you doing.....?

ps: my old man was born in Cardiff :teeth

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I had a first generation GT and it was horrible in every respect. Not very comfortable on the slab, terrible in town and a complete nightmare on the road featured in the video let alone anything tighter. BMW were very lucky to get any more of my money after that expensive debacle, but luckily an R1200GS positively revised my opinion of the marque, and the 2007 GT SE has definitely not disappointed either! Well, so far...

:confused: MUST HAVE BEEN ONE OF THOSE BLUE ONES....SCRAP PEGS WITH THE GREEN ONE NO PROBLEM

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Sounds like you got a bearing going out in the tranny or final. :ricky

I'd say something else but won't. :teeth

Mack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts