BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a tough decision. With all of my local dealerships going out of business, I am thinking of selling my '04 RS. It is a Capri Blue with matching painted hand guards, system cases, and barbacks. I also have a Rick Mayer seat in addition to the stock seat. The bike is located in Indiana and has 9,100 miles on it.

The reason I am not listing it in the classifieds ......yet is, I am trying to decide what a fair price would be. A local shop said that average retail is $12,600. I am curious what a private sale price would be.

Regards,

·
Registered
73 Posts
You might consider being patient

Rumor has it a new dealership is in the works, probably located on the south side. If you've got a few months to burn (spring riding is still a couple months away) things may have materialized by then.

Tom Richardson
IndyK12RS

·
Registered
240 Posts
Fort Wayne

Woodson's in Fort Wayne is near I-65 and have always been great with me. It's not that far from Kokomo or Indy. It's almost 100 miles from my house.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan23267 said:
Woodson's in Fort Wayne is near I-65 and have always been great with me. It's not that far from Kokomo or Indy. It's almost 100 miles from my house.
Not to drag names through the mud.... You are the first person to have a good comment about Ft. Wayne. I had written them off due to the negative comments I have received.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Our only St. Louis dealer bit the dust and I thought about getting rid of the 04 GT for what I owe which is a little over $11,000. The next dealer is a 120 mile ride one way and I do not feel like trailering the bike for two hours and two hours back home. The only problem is I still like the way the bike runs, looks and handles.
Later == Bobby

·
Registered
227 Posts
No dealer nearby

My nearest dealer is 90 miles away. Not new, that's how it was when I purchased my first BMW 2+ years ago. I don't have a trailer. A couple of times I had to spend Saturday from 9am to 3pm at the dealer. Plus the ride there and back.

This is how I look at it. I enjoy the ride there and back, I am riding, what else can I say. I enjoy being there a couple of hours looking around, talking to people, etc. Then the other three hours are a bummer. They have given me a loaner once, big help. I have walked to a nearby Denny's for breakfast, big help. The dealer is in Houston, the weather can be bad but not freezing, snow, sleet, etc, so I can usually time it with decent Southern weather.

Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
More info

Yeah I've also been to Woodson in Fort Wayne. Took it in for my 24k check. I guess they had problems getting a Throttle cable for my bike (its shot). 9 days later no cables still. When I picked it up, It was extremely dirty. However to make it right they said that the next time I brought it in that they would detail it for me and put the throttle cables on with no labor charge. Take it for what its worth.

Right now I'm looking at doing a clutch... I am just thinking about doing it myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts