BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Having just purchased a Garmin 2820 and a mounting kit [ street pilot 2610 ] i thought i was ready for instalation. But it appears i need a 3rd party mounting part to the bike . Can anyone help with information where to obtain the required part for the K12 GT.

Yours Sincerely Tim

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I'm assuming what you mean is that you have a new 2820 GPS, and the Garmin cradle for it (which is like the 2610's cradle). If that is true, then you need to mount it TO the GT. There are several options, most of which are covered in THIS THREAD.

If you're not going to have very many other gadgets, and it won't get in the way of a tankbag...I highly recommend the BMW GPS mount. It's very clean and solid. It's WAY over-priced . . . but that's BMW for ya. Ask your dealer about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bmw Gps

Tim,

I have the Garmin 2820 on my GT. Love it. I used the BMW mounting bracket, yes overpriced but it works well. Also used the 2610 bracket to hold the GPS. Have ridden with it for many miles works great even in the rain. Good Luck..HAPPYDAVID :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Cheers for the tips , i'm off to the BMW garage today to see if they have one to fit to the bike ready for next friday delivery.

Thanks Again

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts