BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it. I found a beauty! It's been custom painted Porsche Black. It has a remus full pipe, barbacks and bags! It's very different from the K-RS to say the least. Anyway just thought I would post a few pic's of it.

Later, Shelley (;>

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just curious, you said you "found a beauty" - did you buy this from a private owner or did a dealer do all the customizing?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Impressed in Asheville!!

Way to go Shelley!! and I have to admit... and I'm not just saying this... That's the best looking S I have seen. Makes me wonder if BMW will come out with a black version sooner or later.. Very sleek.. very classy.

As for the S.. I'm right behind you. Trying to get my hands on one as we speak..

Shelley said:
Well I did it. I found a beauty! It's been custom painted Porsche Black. It has a remus full pipe, barbacks and bags! It's very different from the K-RS to say the least. Anyway just thought I would post a few pic's of it.

Later, Shelley (;>

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pirate's right; it's a classy ride indeed. And it looks like you're riding with a classy crowd as well. Congratulations and ride safely!

mac
Raleigh, NC

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun on that baby.... great color!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sweet.... I want one....:p

·
Registered
418 Posts
What a geat color for this bike. Why did'nt BMW come out with this color in the first place?
Congrats and maybe should think about putting that protective clearsheet on some of the panels. Lots of sandblasting on those beautiful AZ highways.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx Guys...

Pirate said:
Way to go Shelley!! and I have to admit... and I'm not just saying this... That's the best looking S I have seen. Makes me wonder if BMW will come out with a black version sooner or later.. Very sleek.. very classy.

As for the S.. I'm right behind you. Trying to get my hands on one as we speak..
Wow, thanks Pirate... That means a lot coming from you! It was a private owner who worked for a Porsche dealer who had to have it done up in porsche black! I'm sure you're correct in saying that BMW will soon come out with it in black because that's just my luck!!! hehehe! So I guess I'd better show it off before it's just another black S! (;>

I need to find a black windscreen for it as I think it will really be a stealth looking bike then!

Hey to the moderator of this new site... I'm not a junior member... I was the "First GAL" many years ago to sign on Vic's site who rode the Mighty K12RS. Hell thanks to Vic's site both Angie & I were like movie stars at the Midland Rally in 2000! Two gals who rode across country to meet the K12 gang at the MOA Rally! We made buddies across the US just from that rally alone...

Now that BMW will be coming out with lighter bikes, I think, you're going to see many gals on the newer models. Dang there goes my limelight! hehehe.

Enjoy the RIDE!
Shelley (;>

·
Registered
203 Posts
That black looks really nice, congrats! Hey, was your K12RS silver and blue? I think I sold you my Marsee tank bag many moons ago...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
TRAINER said:
That black looks really nice, congrats! Hey, was your K12RS silver and blue? I think I sold you my Marsee tank bag many moons ago...
Nope TRAINER that wasn't me... I had a '99 gray RS (100,000 miles on it when I sold it 3 weeks ago) then this March I found an '03 RS, all black even the wheels, that I just sold (tuesday) to buy this bike. Between Angie & I we had 5 BMW's in the garage, now it's down to 3... Check out the picture of 4 K12RS' and on F650...
Later, Shelley

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Shelley said:

Later, Shelley (;>
Way to go! And welcome . . . not that you have alienated all of the 12S membership with the best looking K12S . . . harummmmphhhh!!!!

Best of luck, it's a beauty. Many happy and safe miles!

·
Registered
395 Posts
congrats Shelley!!! DItto on the remarks ref how the blk looks--- BMW should have made the first year run in BLK also-- would have kinda been a cool statement to make the most advanced BMW motorcycle ever available in any color you want as long as its blk

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Way to go Shel.

A brand new 21st century ride for your little "go to jail" excursions.

Hey to Angie for me :cool:

Reactions: eljeffe

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Oh, and for the record.

You two will ALWAYS be top gurlz on the site....any site.

Reactions: eljeffe

·
Registered
910 Posts
Well, I'm going to expound a little bit here. But before I do, let me say that all the members of these forums that have joined in the last year or two are clearly the engine that makes the whole thing work. Whether you are on an RS, GT, K-S, K-R, or a "K" anything, it's what makes us grow and thrive.

But, what's happening here over the past few weeks is kind of special; some of that "core" group that drifted off over the last several years seem to be finding their way back to further solidy the base group. Folks like Shelley and Tim Shook who posted just ahead of this one are giving me a kind of warm fuzzy feeling. Every once-in-a-while, when I pull off one of those perfect turns on the K-S, I'll think to myself, Shelley would have liiked to have done that one....and; now she can on her own K-S. Porsche Black, indeed; I'll bet there is no "P" car as fast!? Shelley invented a term I sometimes throw around on these forums: "Going or doing "a buck-twenty". Well, that's about as fast as I've taken the K-S, but I'll bet in the unpopulated regions near her home, that will be a more frequent occurance around some of those sweepers!

Yeah, Shelley and I arrived more than five years go on our spiffy new RS's in Motor City Madman's home state of Michigan for the MOA rally that year and had a damn fine dinner in one of Midland Michigan's finest summer restaurants - out on the veranda.

Guess this is all leading up to one thing; Shelley, it's great to see us riding the same BMW motorcycle again. Let's plan to hang around here and swap stories like the old days, albeit on BMW's latest, dare I say, current benchmark bike.

Shelley has gone on to become one of MOA's Ambassador's and has journeyed across the country many times on her RS and has explored the far reaches of Alaska on her bike. I'll bet it's not long before the miles pile up on her new K-S and it will be interesting to read and see (pictues) stories of her travels. She also has this merry band of "K" bike riders in her home state of Arizona; some of whom are pictured in the thumnails at the beginning of this thread.

Uh, one last thing, Shelley, I'm one of the two "moderators" of this forum; the other, Locus knows what' he's doing; but, if you go into your "User CP", you might be able to edit out or change the "junior member" thing which is just a count on the number of posts, I think.

·
There's a pill for everything
829 Posts
So ya pulled the trigger did ya? Happy? I know........... can't get the real grin off your face.........like what where you doing all those miles on the RS????.....your going to LOVE the "S"
Say hello to Angie for me as well

And they always said"Boys and their Toys" well seems you ladies have a few more than most boys!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Black beauty

Hi Shelley
From The Netherlands: I own a black RS and am thinking of buying an S. The only thing that kept me from buying it, is the unavailabilty of the black variant.
I hadn't seen a black S "in the flesh" but I felt, that black would be the colour that really becomes this machine. (yes guys, referring to another thread: black is by far the fastest - and most beautiful colour!
I think your bike looks stunning!
Pity that BMW will not bring out a black one in 2006, so I have been thinking about buying a grey one and having it spraypainted metallic black.
Well, seeing your pictures brought me one step closer to that decision!

Peter

1 - 20 of 37 Posts