BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
2015 BMW K1300S Motorsport Edition
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the last few weeks myself and a few other K owners on another forum have been guiding a millennial (24 years old) through fixing his screw up when he decided to do an oil change and coolant flush on his K bike. He says he's been working for Toyota as a mechanic for the last 3 1/2 years.(He had joined the forum 2 weeks ago and was sending out PM's to us seasoned BMW mechanics asking questions which as usual we are always happy to help people. Messages coming in at 12:00 AM 2:00 AM were the norm. And if he didn't get a response right away he would send PM's again say "hello hello are you there"? Well finally Wednesday we got him all sorted out and his bike is not overheating anymore since he finally got the cooling system under a vacuum sorce and was able to get all the bubbles out of the water. So a few days go by and one of the other guys who was helping him added to his tread saying "hey glad you got it all sorted out and you know a thank you would have been nice". So he posts back "why should I thank you guys, I did all the work" well needless to say he is your typical "I'm an entitled millennial and I want I want I want type of mentality so he got into it with a couple of the other members and now he's banned and the tread has been removed. So this morning one of the members contacted me to let me know that he was contacted through Facebook from the millennial on Thursday stating that he was doing the spline lube service on the drive shaft and now the drive shaft won't go back in. He stated to him that he was going on a 200 mile ride yesterday and he doesn't know when the spline was last lubed so he decided to do it but since it won't go back in can he walk him through getting it back in. Well Needless to say the BMW mechanic told him to go pound sand.This morning the BMW mechanic contacts me laughing because the millennial who tried to do it himself winded it up binding the drive shaft and blew up the differential on the ride. He is now threatening to sue the BMW mechanic for not giving him the advice that he requested.....requested!!! LMAO!!! This is the type of mentality thinking of this little shit. And I must say this is not all millennials way of thinking. Many of my friends kids are very respectful and self supporting. It just amazes me on how self-centered this asswipe is.

· Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
345 Posts
That cycle will be for sale soon, and he will be on his next cycle and his next cycle website telling all that BMWs are crap and owners are snobs.

· Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,553 Posts
That kid needs to take legal action against BMW for not publishing service manuals. Or maybe BMW does not publish because of people like that? Pretty hard to screw up a drive shaft lube on a K12 or 13. (or maybe it is)

· Registered
K1300GT SE / GSX1400 / LRD4
374 Posts
For the last few weeks myself and a few other K owners on another forum have been guiding a millennial (24 years old) through fixing his screw up when he decided to do an oil change and coolant flush on his K bike. He says he's been working for Toyota as a mechanic for the last 3 1/2 years.(He had joined the forum 2 weeks ago and was sending out PM's to us seasoned BMW mechanics asking questions which as usual we are always happy to help people. Messages coming in at 12:00 AM 2:00 AM were the norm. And if he didn't get a response right away he would send PM's again say "hello hello are you there"? Well finally Wednesday we got him all sorted out and his bike is not overheating anymore since he finally got the cooling system under a vacuum sorce and was able to get all the bubbles out of the water. So a few days go by and one of the other guys who was helping him added to his tread saying "hey glad you got it all sorted out and you know a thank you would have been nice". So he posts back today "why should I thank you guys, I did all the work" well needless to say he is your typical "I'm an entitled millennial and I want I want I want type of mentality so he got into it with a couple of the other members and now he's banned and the tread has been removed. So this morning one of the members contacted me to let me know that he was contacted through Facebook from the millennial on Thursday stating that he was doing the spline lube service on the drive shaft and now the drive shaft won't go back in. He stated to him that he was going on a 200 mile ride yesterday and he doesn't know when the spline was last lubed so he decided to do it but since it won't go back in can he walk him through getting it back in. Well Needless to say the BMW mechanic told him to go pound sand.This morning the BMW mechanic contacts me laughing because the millennial who tried to do it himself winded it up binding the drive shaft and blew up the differential on the ride. He is now threatening to sue the BMW mechanic for not giving him the advice that he requested.....requested!!! LMAO!!! This is the type of mentality thinking of this little shit. And I must say this is not all millennials way of thinking. Many of my friends kids are very respectful and self supporting. It just amazes me on how self-centered this asswipe is.
This is why I don't drive Toyota and service all my cars and bikes myself. "Thank you"and "you're welcome" are free, but go a long way. good manners are rare

· Registered
811 Posts
Well deserved. The collective wheenie millenial generation have an arrogant stupidity about them that's fully deserving of being shit on at any and all opportunities.

· Registered
2010 BMW k1300s
64 Posts
Couldn't imagine not giving credit where it's due. Fourms like these are unfathomable amount of help. Don't get me wrong I'm 32 and feel for the impatientness of just wanting her fixed but decorum still stands right? This is why I've tried to seperate my self as much as possible from this generation. XD

· Registered
38 Posts
Nothing against people on the interwebz being clear cut when typing back and forth.
But i am 24 myself (NOT A MECHANIC!) And really struggle with this type of person. The least you can do if you come ANYWHERE for assistance is to be humble and thank for whatever help you are provided.
Its not like i am owed anything when i come here and ask questions. I dont know if its a "younger generation" issue however?
I'v worked 4 years in IT, and can attest to instances where members of all age groups have showcased this kind of "you owe me to fix this problem (that i myself caused)" type of behavior.

People are different and all come from different places of "understanding". However being polite should never go out of fashion.

· Registered
173 Posts
His lack of manners and mechanical acumen is exceeded by his excellence in jurisprudence.
A lack of basic understanding of logic in simple mechanics is one thing but to assert liability for advice not given is hilarious.

· Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
345 Posts
His lack of manners and mechanical acumen is exceeded by his excellence in jurisprudence.
A lack of basic understanding of logic in simple mechanics is one thing but to assert liability for advice not given is hilarious.
"Barracks Lawyers" were the source of a lot of problems in a previous life I had. I would send them to JAG for a laugh.

Now it is just too easy to sue. It takes no effort. Too many "Judge Whoever" TV shows. Many lawyers are out for quick payment through settlements or crazy awards from juries. Judges don't or can't throw out seemingly absurd lawsuits. Then there is the ability to sue a manufacturer for a negligent act by the purchaser of a legal product expecting to get rich or destroy the manufacturer for political reasons. I am glad I am old. I will not see the ultimate end of this.

· Registered
2006 BMW K1200S
110 Posts
Funny thing is he could have sifted through the posts here and gotten all the information he needed without having to bother anyone. Yeah I did not want to read through a ten year old thread with about 400 posts on how to remedy my clutch in bike dies problem but I did. I even printed it out in case the forum goes away one day.

· Premium Member
75 Posts
What an inconsiderate & arrogant asswipe 🤬

Thank yous are easily provided and greatly appreciated, they keep people engaged and willing to help others which keeps this community and others thriving. I have a millennial son, but he would never behave like this, guess that is why he is succeeding in work and life.

Karma (y)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts