BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
K1200GT 2006
34 Posts
Imho I don't think it has anything to do with the bloke being a millenial (I am too for a matter of fact). This sheerly sounds like a narcissist and those spread out through all generations. The fact that he wants to sue the mechanic, also learns you that this guy will never learn from his own mistakes, ever, and is an absolute pain in the ass to the entire world's society. Justice got served costly with his diff blowing up. That's the good part of the story.

· Registered
2015 BMW K1300S Motorsport Edition
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Imho I don't think it has anything to do with the bloke being a millenial (I am too for a matter of fact). This sheerly sounds like a narcissist and those spread out through all generations. The fact that he wants to sue the mechanic, also learns you that this guy will never learn from his own mistakes, ever, and is an absolute pain in the ass to the entire world's society. Justice got served costly with his diff blowing up. That's the good part of the story.
Dutch I would agree with you, but a few of his statements about how "baby boomers think they know everything and created all the world's problems" and when he posted about how he reported his service manager to HR because he's only getting paid half of what the senior mechanics are getting paid and when someone mentioned to him he was being paid based on experience he went off the deep end stating "that's unfair" etc. etc. And as I mentioned in my original post this is not all millennials and yes every generation has their narcissistic asswipes but this kid went above and beyond.

· Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
350 Posts
Dutch I would agree with you, but a few of his statements about how "baby boomers think they know everything and created all the world's problems" and when he posted about how he reported his service manager to HR because he's only getting paid half of what the senior mechanics are getting paid and when someone mentioned to him he was being paid based on experience he went off the deep end stating "that's unfair" etc. etc. And as I mentioned in my original post this is not all millennials and yes every generation has their narcissistic asswipes but this kid went above and beyond.
Some of the First Officers I flew with thought it was unfair for the Captains to remain in the cockpit until age 65 when the limit was raised from age 60. At that point, I had 38 years of experience and was flying before most were born. They stated that I was sitting in "their seat". Not all were millennials, but those squawked the loudest. The phenomena is not exclusively an age or profession related attitude and even occurs in a union organization.

· Registered
812 Posts
I mean, the millenial weenies have decided (or been taught?) as a "culture" or whatever to shit on their parents both generationally and individually. "Ok boomer" type thinking. I wasn't raised like that. I think there is an element to the generational accusation.

· Registered
184 Posts
Oddly though if you buy into pop culture and its twisting of demographic cohorts the Baby Boomers are dying fast. Im a 1964 model and growing up never considered my self to be of my 1945 mothers generation. I also recall some teenaged cousins teens to Young adults musing over how stupid they considered the idea of a generation gap to be. c.1968.

Oh and my swim instructor 17 female thinks Taylor swift is a nonsensical idiot. Oh also I made a joke about her technically not being a Millenial. Asked her what arbitrary clickbait name was in place for her Gen and she didn't know.
Great person disciplined fantastic coach. I told her the millennials may bury us boomers but it was nice to live to see the rise of the cohort that will bury them.

· Registered
812 Posts
"OK Boomer" was a timely elegant response by a Young female politician I believe in the NZ parliament.
A rejoinder to a condescending bloated old sexist. It was awesome.
She said it but didn't come up with it. It was floating around among that generation before, but she in a moment of courageous disrespect decided to blurt it out at the NZ parliament.

· Registered
812 Posts
There are much better ways of shutting down a jackass than some collectivist quip.

The fact that it's a collectivist quip speaks to my point about the generational rejection of their parents

· Registered
142 Posts
Ethos. Pathos. Logos.
Most excellent FC 👍🏾 sadly, a humanities education is no longer seen as valuable. Soundbites and clickbait now pass for dialogue.

I was lazy so I asked ChatGPT for an Internet forum level explanation of your comment to share 😛this is what AI gave me.

“Ethos, pathos, and logos are three modes of persuasion that can be used to convince an audience to accept a particular point of view.
Ethos is an appeal to the credibility or trustworthiness of the speaker or writer. It is the use of the speaker's or writer's reputation and authority to convince the audience.
Pathos is an appeal to the audience's emotions. It is the use of language, images, and other techniques to create an emotional response in the audience.
Logos is an appeal to reason and logic. It is the use of facts, statistics, and other evidence to support the speaker's or writer's argument.“

So to summarize the AI ….Ethos is credibility, Pathos is emotion, and Logos is logic.

· Registered
35 Posts
For the last few weeks myself and a few other K owners on another forum have been guiding a millennial (24 years old)...
Ok, I'm no fan of Millennials, but their current age is from 27-42. This 24 year old is in Gen Z. So as much as I pile on Millennials, let's not saddle them with another generation's problems!

Also, get ready for this: Millennials are starting to become grandparents. I'm not sure how they got there while I'm still as young as I ever was... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts