1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
ratemut said:
Look at this ? - anybody who drive like this ? - must be a manipulated picture

/Michael (K12GT)
I'm sure it's real.

If you tilt the picture so you have the horizon level, you get this... which isn't that much of an angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Look at the horizon in the background! The photographer has rotated his camera. You will find those special views quite often.

Manfred

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have only heard tales of Tim & Susan as I have never been privileged to ride with them. But I did see some impressive lean angles at Barber. Reg Pridmore at 65+\- does 3 laps two-up with the donations going to the PBTF which is very cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
the lean angle doesn't look to bad to me while i seldom to never ride two up i can get that lean angle easily on my KRS.

·
Registered
290 Posts
ratemut said:
Look at this ? - anybody who drive like this ? - must be a manipulated picture

/Michael (K12GT)
Of course its real. It's not the angle with respect to the horizontal that matters. It's the angle with respect to the ROAD, which in this case is already tilted 10° or so. If you rotate the photo so the ground is horizontal, the bike's lean is not so extreme any more.

Nonetheless, pretty impressive given that there is a passenger, and neither of them are playing "boy racer" with their knees stuck way out on the inside side of the bend.

Bob.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Perfect environment with Pleasure

Just from looking at the shot, the bike is on what appears to be a descending right turn which would be banked to the outside of the curve (super elevation). The banking assists in reducing lateral forces generated by vehicles moving on a curve. Camera distortion and the loss of a reliable horizon line makes the top / bottom of the safety wall unreliable as a reference horizon.

The more reliable indication of the local road surface appears to be the line of the shadows in the immediate vicinity of the bike. When you line up the shadowed road surface with the bike there is an apparent lean angle from vertical of approx 40deg. I'd suggest 40deg is well heeled over but not as extreme as it appears at first glance. It's a great shot of the bike in a perfect environment being used well.

Cheers
Lenz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts