BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all need some help re adjusting my throttle on the twist it has a bit of slack in it have to turn it a bit to get throttle response mine is a 85 k100rs the book says it is on the hand piece but cant see where ,another question should you hear the electric fan cut in and out for temperature control; and should the temp light come on when first start up

the poor old girl has been sitting for a few weeks in the shed and now runs rough and hard to start am i right in assuming stale fuel checked the plugs thinking one may have fowled up but she is firing on all 4 at idle, just rough and a backfire at return to idle , we have a bit of trouble down here with fuel going off is there a additive i can add rather than taking the tank off and draining it ,best solution i know is ride it more
thanks graeme :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Get a syphon.......dump that fuel! :( Anything over 3 months old up here gets "diluted" in my bush car, that includes the stuff I keep in jerrycans unless I have remembered to stabilise it. Yes fuel is getting unstable fast nowadays and you don't want any of them gums/varnishes going through your fuel system. :yeow:

The throttle cable adjustment, that I remember from my 85 K100RS....it is somewhere along the cable not at the grip. Look there:
http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech/throttle-cable.shtml

I don't remember about the Temp light, I tought it did come on with the ignition. Just find the wire at the sensor and ground it, then the light will come on, if not, the bulb is burned. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all
took the big screw for the top cover and cover off its the only thing holding the twist grip in place and repositioned the cogs to take up the slack seemed to work ok
the temp light and fan coming on or not i still am not sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts