BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on my driveway i noticed that when my bike was in neutral and i increased the throttle to 2500 rpm and held it there for several seconds, it just drops down to almost idle speed without any movement of my hand. I've tried at higher and lower RPM (not over 4000) and same thing happens.

what is the reason for this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
petar said:
Today on my driveway i noticed that when my bike was in neutral and i increased the throttle to 2500 rpm and held it there for several seconds, it just drops down to almost idle speed without any movement of my hand. I've tried at higher and lower RPM (not over 4000) and same thing happens.

what is the reason for this?
I forgot to mention that I do not have any issues of throttle dropping down while riding in gear, just that is drops down to almost idle speed when in neutral and stopped. There is no hesitation when riding. it runs smoothly and delivers the power when needed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i spoke to a friend who has been into bikes for an eternity and he said it is apparently BMW's built in protection so you cannot run it in out of gear for long time.

it never happens when i am in gear, only when in neutral and i have very good control of the engine at any rpm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts