BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R & 2021 Vespa Primavera clown paint job
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a take off from a bike I bought the other day. A set of Throttlemeister bar ends, all the original shims and the box. 100$ to my paypal account and I'll ship via USPS priority mail to you. Note the small chipping in the black paint, you should see the faring panels. Looks like driveway tip over. No metal damage. beech PM me for my email address.
Tire Product Automotive tire Wood Material property

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a take off from a bike I bought the other day. A set of Throttlemeister bar ends, all the original shims and the box. 100$ to my paypal account and I'll ship via USPS priority mail to you. Note the small chipping in the black paint, you should see the faring panels. Looks like driveway tip over. No metal damage. beech PM me for my email address.
New bike for @Beech ???

Incidentally, I've been eye balling a 2016 S1000R. How do you use it compared to the K1300S? I'm trying to decide if I'm doubling up against the same use case.

·
Premium Member
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R & 2021 Vespa Primavera clown paint job
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The S1000R bike is a little beast. I like it because it is small and light at only 450 lbs. or so. It is extremely quick, I mean really quick, where the K bike is just plain fast. I use the S bike a lot around locally because my K bike (s) is more suited for multi day riding. But the S bike is for day rides and one nighters. I had a 2015 and now a 2018 S bike I wanted the up graded ABS and some other stuff. This little demon needs all the safety software you can throw at it. Years back I was put on a S1000RR by my pal who is a bmw sales man. Good grief, not for me. But I knew if it had normal foot pegs and superbike handle bars it would be a winner. Let's not discount a bike with a shift light and launch control!!! I have yet to try the launch control. As usual tires are important for the bike, sport tires are a good thing until it is cold and raining, but I feel they are importan and I don't ride it it the rain like I do the K bike.. I love my S bike and would not part with it but K bikes are where my heart goes. I bought a second K bike the other day because they don't make them any more and I think they will become harder to come by. Of course the problems of owning a bike out of production will increase as years go by but I'm in a lucky position, I only have 5 or hopefully 8 years more riding at 75. It's a bit of a risk buying long distance from a non forum member. A few problems with the new K1300S (2011 with 16,000 miles) but all easy to overcome and it runs very well. As you know some have built in made on Monday problems. This one seems safe. Get that S bike and don't look back. I recommend some parts, MRA double bubble windshield. Still small but keeps you from getting blown off the bike when you pass through 80 mph. There is a German shop, something like Gillig but not sure. They make some metal parts, their foot pegs are super, round and knurled. The stock pegs let your feet slip. If you buy one I'll send you one of my license plate adapter plates to use with a Yosumura tail tidy kit. makes things look great and you keep the stock plate lamp which is good.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

This is my current S bike below, I wanted the color and as mentioned the electronics. I loved the exhaust from my 15 so I bought a mid piece from Remus and rewelded the silencer mount to work. It is a stock BMW silencer but probably the most nasty one BMW ever put on a bike.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Let me know what you do. S bikes are something most people don't even dream about. beech

1 - 3 of 3 Posts