BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I postulated that an extra thumb joint was necessary to operate the turn signals on BMWs. I examined a German nurse I work with (Heidi, of course, and I call her the UberNurse) to see if she had the same number of joints in her thumb as she did in her other fingers, as my thumbs have one less joint than my fingers.

Well, her thumbs were not very different from my own, but they must rotate better or something.

Below are pictures of the types of thumbs, presumably German, needed to operate the BMW signals. On the left is the redundant articulation version, and on the right the prehensile version. Keep in mind that an opposable thumb separates the primates from the rest of the animal kingdom.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Rumour has it (a well kept secret so far), they are working on a butt controlled version for the next generation bikes, also stops riders swapping out their seats and losing the German characteristic of the stockers.

There's been some talk about what long term deformaties might arise, but the good thing is that riders will be endorsing the brand, just by walking around in tight pants!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
voxmagna said:
Rumour has it (a well kept secret so far), they are working on a butt controlled version for the next generation bikes, also stops riders swapping out their seats and losing the German characteristic of the stockers.

There's been some talk about what long term deformaties might arise, but the good thing is that riders will be endorsing the brand, just by walking around in tight pants!
...thumbs....i have a small hand and they work fine for me....hi beam switch could be set up better....with gloves its hard to find....maybe just an old floor switch next to the rear break lever ha ha....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doc, can I book my appointment now to get the thumb upgrade?

DW

·
Registered
826 Posts
Thumb sucking or a thumb pump may help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts