BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Bridgestone BT020s - 6644 miles. Worn and scalloped. Terrible handling. Will never buy another Bridgestone again.

Pilot Road 2s with B rear - 9646 miles. Plenty of tread left, but some squaring between hard and soft compounds . Changed tires due to impending long trip. Good handling.

Avon Storms - 8134 miles. Some tread left. Changed tires due to impending long trip. Faster wear than the PR2s. Great handling.

Pilot Road 2s (no B rear) - 13140 miles. An amazing amount of tread left, especially considering the miles, but significant squaring between hard and soft compounds. Changed tires due to impending long trip. Good handling.

Pilot Road 2s (B rear) - about 3000 miles so far. Good handling.

Comments:
I prefer the Avon Storms but seem to keep buying the PR2s because I find the PR2s at bargain prices. The PR2s handle well enough, although I don't like the squared edges that develop between the hard and soft compounds. (I ride a lot of Interstate miles.) The PR2s do not grip as well as the Avon Storms in wet weather, but they are okay.

The Avon Storms had terrific handling, especially in wet weather, but wear faster.

I would like to try a set of PR3s and maybe the current generation of Avon Storms, but I have a lot of miles left on my current PR2s.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts