1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wondered if I'm the only one getting less than 5k on my '04 gt, front always first to go. Latest with Dunlop Roadsmart 4400 and front looks bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bridgestone 020's. 5K on the front and 4.5K on the rear, although they are on an RS not a GT. Don't know if it makes a great deal of difference though...

·
Registered
188 Posts
gholt62 said:
How many miles are ya'll getting on your flying brick gt tires? any brand suggestions?
My favorites so far are Michelin Pilot Road 2 and Pirelli Diablo Strada

Here is the tables with mileage I got out of all tires I tried
Front:
http://www.mileagetracker.org/showBike.php?id=16&showOnlyTheseServices=10

Rear:
http://www.mileagetracker.org/showBike.php?id=16&showOnlyTheseServices=10

Michelins are more expensive and not everyone has heavy bike tire model in stock, so last time I went again with Pirellis.

Pilot Road 2 - B tire lasted for 9K miles and that with a few K miles 2up, regular Pilot Road 2 tire got replaced at 7K miles.

Pirelli Diablo Strada 180/55-17 (regular non-E spec) lasted almost 8K miles (7700), and now I am trying the E spec tire... maybe it will last a bit longer. But anyway, considering that I could barely get 6K miles out of Z6, Continental Road Attack and Avons -- I'll stick with Pirellis in the future. YMMV, obviously

Pirellis and Michelins both have good grip in wet and dry conditions.

·
Registered
123 Posts
gholt62 said:
I fantasized about getting 8 or 9k with the Roadsmart, thats what the salesman said?hmm
That is a fantasy (for the front at least). I got well over 9000 from the rear Roadsmart, but 6400 did it for the front, and it was shot.

My current front is a PR2 and it's over 8000 miles with a little bit left yet... maybe another 8 or 9 hundred. I can probably squeeze 9000 if I let it go past the wear markers a little.

·
Registered
53 Posts
500 kilometres on my Pirelli Diablos, and they don't even show an ounce of wear :teeth

The weather took a turn for the worse here, coupled with a nightmarish job scence right now, and my poor RS has been sitting.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've also fitted a set of Pilot Road 2's to my 2004 RS.
Without going into too much detail, it feels like it's now on rails, and lean in feels far more secure. I'm taking the 2 gentle sweepers on my ride to work (130kms) at around or over 100kms now where on the OEM Bridgestone Battlax's, I'd be aware of thew curve at 80kph.
Lets see how long they last, but from previous 2004 GT ownership, I don't expect much over 9000kms on the front.
Best wishes from Oz.

Ken

·
Registered
49 Posts
5,600 miles on the front PR2-B, and it is almost gone on the left side, and the right side is not far from it. Rear PR2-B still has quite a bit of rubber on it though.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
8 k front 11 rear...front is over due and rear has maybe 2k left...lot of rain early this season and cooler temps that cut down on tire wear...Z6 roadtec....interact is next

·
Registered
283 Posts
'00 K1200RS gets close to 8,000 on BT010f/020r, and same for Mich Pilot Road (not R2), 5,000+ on Mich Pilot Power or Pirrelli Strada. Got 8-9k on the old D205s. Relatively even wear from side to side now due to local roads I run to Sacramento and back weekly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Tire Wear

04" KGT 7000 on front and 8000 on the rear Z6's (C) rated. I ride aboput 70-80 Mph most of the time in the Sierra foothills around Georgetown (Great Roads) @ 36F/42R air pressure. I usually go thru 1+ set of tires in a riding season and shoe on some new set at the end or beginning of the year. Tried a set of Conti RA's and got 4500 on the front and 5000 on the rear. Also quite squirrly after about 50% of tread wear. maybe PR2's Next??

Fletch.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Using Z6's on my '03 GT. I get at least 8k out of the rear and tend to get a little more out of the front. I have gone as high as 10k on the rear, but the center was worn through. I try not to spend too much time on the highway, probably about 50% highway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
tires

Have a set of Roadsmarts on my krs. I have less than 5,000 on rear and hoping it lasts at least 6,000 mi. Front tire is shot with only 3,800 mi. I also have Roadsmarts on my r1100s ,tires are shot with only 4,000 mi. Won`t be buying any Roadsmarts again. Had a set of Avon storms on the krs. before the roadsmarts got 9,000 on rear 10,000 on front.Will be going to the storms for both bikes shortly.

kpilot

·
Registered
123 Posts
kpilot said:
Had a set of Avon storms on the krs. before the roadsmarts got 9,000 on rear 10,000 on front.Will be going to the storms for both bikes shortly.
Seriously?

How did you get 10000 on ANY front for the RS? My experience has been like your Roadsmart experience... far fewer miles on the front than the rear. Even with the mighty PR2 I'm only going to get 8000 out of the front.

Is there anyone else out there with high miles on a Storm front (no pun intended)?

I guess I'm going to try Avons next.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts