BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Tired of Bluetooth

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Fergie 
#1 ·
I finally got tired of trying to get my Nolan N-103 Bluetooth working right and stay working. Going back to wired system.
I ordered 2 J&M headsets, one for me and one the wife, they have them to fit where the Bluetooth goes and they are excellent quality headsets.
We already have two Chatterbox FRS X2's so John at MixIt was nice enough to do some research and is going to make me two cables to hook the J&M headsets to the Chatterboxs. What a guy John is.
I will post the results when I get the system up and working.

#2 ·
Well got everything and installed. Works absolutely fantastic. Phone bluetoothed to Zumo 550. Zumo 550 hooked to my Chatterbox X2. Chatterbox X2 hooked to my J&M headset. everything works great, mp3s, XM, phone and bike to bike with no buzzing and the Chatterbox is wired to the bikes power. Finally a simple inexpensive system that just plain works.

#3 ·
:)
Fergie said:
I finally got tired of trying to get my Nolan N-103 Bluetooth working right and stay working. Going back to wired system.
I ordered 2 J&M headsets, one for me and one the wife, they have them to fit where the Bluetooth goes and they are excellent quality headsets.
We already have two Chatterbox FRS X2's so John at MixIt was nice enough to do some research and is going to make me two cables to hook the J&M headsets to the Chatterboxs. What a guy John is.
I have the N-102, and have had it nearly two years now. I originally had some problems, but ultimately it was my fault. The bluetooth had two different protocols, one is called hands free, and the other I can't recall right now. The key was syncing the devices using the correct protocols. Once I got it set up correctly it has been extremely reliable. :)

#5 ·
2008-K1200GT said:
:)

I have the N-102, and have had it nearly two years now. I originally had some problems, but ultimately it was my fault. The bluetooth had two different protocols, one is called hands free, and the other I can't recall right now. The key was syncing the devices using the correct protocols. Once I got it set up correctly it has been extremely reliable. :)
Yes I remember you telling me about that. The main use was between me and the wife. Even if she stayed a few bike lengths behind me it would not stay linked up. The quality of the audio was not good either. The setup I have now is simple and works great.

#7 ·
Fergie said:
Which J&M's did you get?

#9 ·
Still have a pair of N-103's with their Bluetooth n-Com II system. But like others, have gone back to Autocom wired (not satisfied with BT sound quality, drop-outs, pairing, and need for constant battery charging - i.e. when it's dead it's a show stopper for the 2-3 hours needed for charging).

Now I'm back to the Shoei Multi-Tech helmets as well for lighter weight, less noise, and better wind-noise attenuating in-ear UE-11 phones (which are awesome!).

I do like the Nolan strap connector and internal sun shield though.

Mack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.