BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
341 - 360 of 444 Posts
K12 owners! Since you're all here (and some will read this)...what temperature readings from an IR thermometer do you get from your final drives after a brisk ride? I am getting 122ºF, fresh GL-5, 200cc, and would like to know if that's normal or not...
Don’t know about the temperature but the final drive oil quantity was reduced to 180cc by BMW

J Gordon
2007 K1200R Sport (K43), just over 22k miles. I bought it used in 2013 with only 2k miles. It was dead stock but I have since added a Corbin heated seat and LSL standard-style handle bar to make it a comfortable touring machine. I love riding this bike, but I recently had the ABS unit repaired by Module Master and even following the OEM bleeding procedure, I still can't seem to get the air out of the brake system. Searching the forums now.

After 10 Years, the Guy Who Started This Thread Returns

Strange, but when I sold my beloved 06 K1200R about a decade ago and left this forum, I never thought I'd be back. But about four or so bikes since that one, I've gotten another! A 2008 model. Tried to log back on with my old username "PrivateAxis" (the guy who started this thread TEN YEARS AGO) but I couldn't because I no longer owned the laptop I used to log on and so have no recollection of my previous password. I tried to reach out to the site administrator, but didn't get a reply, so I re-registered with the same name and added the dopey "2.0".

Because I spent more money on mods and upgrades on that previous K1200R than I ever did on any of my thirty or so motorcycles I've owned since 1982, I vowed I'd leave this bike just as I bought it--with a nice Remus slip-on, a re-useable air filter, and a PowerCommander unit installed--the standard stuff. The 06 was super clean when I bought it in 07 for about $10,000US, but entirely stock, so by the time I sold it a couple of years later, I was into it at least another $15K. And sold it for... $7,500. Ouch, I know. And what's worse, that was after over a year of trying to sell it here in Los Angeles, the supposed motorcycle capitol of the US.

But here I go again. Though I vowed not to spend more than another grand on mods--and it helps that there are next to zero aftermarket goodies still available than there were then--there are still some important bike-specific & universal-fit items available that I add to all my bikes; like CRG bar-end mounted mirrors, R&G sliders all around, and the SoundBlaster 120-Db horn. Not much else though, sadly. And that former forum member Ken's (username "LCW" I think) Evoluzione company has long-since folded is just heartbreaking as that guy was an amazing engineer and fabricator who developed several unique performance parts for the K1200R, including his K1300S air box mod for the K1200R. He was the first person to turn a BMW S1000RR into a naked roadster, long before BMW's S1000 Single "R" came out in 2014. And, amazingly, Ken's creation looked way better than what BMW ended up doing with their S1000R naked superbike.

Anyway, here we go...

My name is Adrian Humphries (Gooner) I have been a member on here several years but fairly dormant on the forums as far as posting goes. I own a 2017 GS Rallye and a K1300R that i bought last year. My 1300R is a 2010 model that had 2k miles on it in silk grey metallic. I have just converted it to an R sport and installed the half fairing as it basically is the same bike underneath. I'm tall 6'5" and having previously owned a 1200 R sport several years ago found the K13 screen didnt offer enough protection for its ballistic power. I managed to find all of the donor parts from the same machine that a breaker in this country was selling. Once the parts turned up it took me an evening to take off what needed removing (having done my research first) and then install the R sport parts then take it all off again to paint. My bike is silk metallic which is grey. I had all of the parts painted and it then took me an evening to install the painted parts. It looks fabulous and as far as i am ware from my research one of a kind. If i knew how to post some pictures i would gladly upload if anyone can assist.

Cheers
Adrian Humphries

Andy
2007 K1200R Sport
13,000 miles, just purchased it
Remus Hexacone, LED signals, bar risers, corbin, Adaptiv radar detector
Hey Andy, nice bike!
I have the same model;year.
You have a lower metal cowl covering the exhaust pipes ... where did you buy it? I am looking for something like that could not find it (maybe 'm searching in the wrong places)

341 - 360 of 444 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.