That 10K will go a lot further today. The new GT's will still be new and current after you wear out the "03. Everybody wants "NEW". A great used bike with a suspension upgrade is still a great deal. Buy one now and a new one later. Both are great bikes. One is at half-price to the other. Get the "03.
I like the looks of the '03GT. So I would definitely go with the '03 and wait till all the bugs are ironed out on the new model GT....oh, then you being a multiple bike owner, nothing wrong with having one each
$10k sounds like a good deal. It will probably be months before the new GT is available. I also like to have the bugs worked out on new models. Once the new GT is here, you can sell the '03 and purchase the new one if you so desire. Consider the loss on the '03 as monthly enjoyment payments while you wait for the new one.
I debated this same question when I was looking back in June:
1) New GT will probably mid-2006 before delivery at best
2) Odds are new GT will have some "bugs"
3) Buy used and avoid initial loss in value (I ignored this rule and bought new...purely an emotional decision)
4) In the end, it's how bad the bug is biting you and what you really want
A forum community dedicated to BMW K series motorcycles owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, touring, gear, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!