BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where else to come to ask a question of whether or not to buy a k75 than the forum dedicated to people who love it? :)

I have my eye on one in ontario.

1987 K75C (image attached)

it has 44000 km. Which is quite low... TOO low? give or take 25 000 miles

And is safety certified meaning: tires, head bearings, fork seals, and electronics work.

It is in very nice condition and has the original tool kit.

Price is $2800

Now, my issue: I live in a very isolated part of ontario (thunder bay) and have to drive a minimum of 8 hours to get to a population above 100 000, and that would be in the states or winnipeg. Minneapolis does have a decent market for used bikes, but driving 8 hours, then doing the who import thing is still a hassle. So, i would essentially have to buy this bike for 2800 with MANY pictures and a video (which the owner has volunteered). Is this crazy? Reasonable? Or a great idea?

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'd say go for it. The pic seems to reflect that she was taken care of. The motor is bulletproof. Friend has one as second bike and it has 300,000 miles, not kilometers. Thinking just rubber stuff that should be checked like fork seals , anything rubber. Then see if the brake lines are still rubber or upgraded to braided steel. If you are somewhat mechanical just get a repair shop manual. Those bikes had much less electronic crap and fairly simple to work on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts