BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you carry in your tank bags besides radio and I-pods?

I did not make yet long trips but just for two nights a small top case is enough for me as my wife has a bag on her CS. And I have not yet taken the side cases with me as they offer too much space( for two nights I mean). I believe I will not need a "white tie" stuff on my trip. :))

·
Registered
452 Posts
Lots of stuff!

Pistol, CAmelBack, Plexus and rag, tire pressure gauge, spare change, ball cap, cell phone and map.

I just unpacked it and that's about what was inside. I expanded the bag to fit the camelback and it was a very good working idea!!

Happy trails,

Gravity

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Pretty much anything I need quick access to. Wallet, sunscreen, different set of gloves (i.e., switch from wet to dry), quick place to keep the electronics when the rain starts, all sorts of little stuff.

·
Registered
796 Posts
camleback,cd player, candy, gloves, rain gear, map on top, cable lock, extra straps and bunji cords, extra clothes, bring food back from store, couldnt think of not having the tank bag on!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Always: the Sig, cell, glasses, damp cloth, sun screen, map and/gps, IPOD, spare ear plugs, garage door opener, water, etc., etc...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cell phone, cig lighter adapter and phone car charger, extra glasses, cloth to clean faceshield, hat, gloves, camera, side stand plate, tire gauge, air pump, flashlight, small Torx and screwdriver, plastic tool to remove fairing nose, extendable magnet, extra bulbs fuses and rear brake pads, sunscreen, Gojo handcleaner packets, soft ties, maps, pen and paper.
Note to self.
Don't piss off Gravity or BeemerDude if they can reach their tankbags :D

·
Registered
796 Posts
also a phone book with all the numbers I may need, bmw dealers in the area ill be going and any at home I might need, dr's,etc.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not a smoker so no need in cigs:))
Gloves compartment: side stand plate, 2 pacs of tissues( for hands and windshield), kitchen gloves for rain, balaclava, sunglasses, pen, paper knife.
Top case(small): tyre repair kit, tyre inflation cartridge, small hand pump(bicycle), air gauge, some medicines(pain relief spray, aspirin, bandage etc), bungee straps, duct tape(highly recommended), spare pair of gloves for colder weather, pair of geans, shoes, couple of t-shirts, socks,map,rainwear, personal stuff. Small bottle of water.
Wallet, spare ear-plugs, soft tissues, cell phone - in the pockets. Some extra cash - in a different pocket.
I use a Schubert C2 with the internal sun visor now, so do not have to carry another one in the case.
No I-pod, no radio, no radar detector. BMW Navigator on the mount( do not need it in my country though). No tools. But I have to buy the spare bulbs I think.
Thanks to all for sharing!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Lower section: "headlamp" (flashlight that can be worn on your head), Tire repair kit, bike doccumentation, the all important BMWMOA Anonymous book, soft rag & compact bottle of plexus, Autocom cord extention (never know when the russian bikini team is going to run out of room for that one last girl!), writing pen, FRS radio (for bike to bike), electrical cords (bag is electrified), sunglasses, BMW cap (hat), camel back. with this it is pretty full.

Top section: MP3 player, cell phone (both hooked up to autocom).

Hope you have a safe ride!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lee said:
Note to self.
Don't piss off Gravity or BeemerDude if they can reach their tankbags :D
Now, that's funny Lee!!! No road rage here ! Thanks...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Once you become a tankbag user, there's no going back!

What I keep in mine off the top of my head:
  • Two pairs of glasses, both sun and clear.
  • Credit card holder, but my license is on my person AT ALL TIMES.
  • Extra gloves
  • Gerbings heated glove liners, and Dual Heat-Troller
  • Tire guage
  • Flashlight
  • Pens and Sharpies
  • Plastic covers for cell phone, iPod, and FRS/GMRS
  • Extra set of keys
  • Camera, extra batteries, CF cards for camera and GPS

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Darn, I looked in mine. Scary! Cell Phone, Cell phone cord, iPod, S & W Trail Boss, speedloader, extra gloves, electronic covers, BMW/Cig. lighter adapter, camera, ear phones, Xantac's, Aspirins, wet rags in plastic bags, spare 378 cord, garage door opener, small pack Kleenex, sunscreen, small flashlight(LED), spare key, 2 gross condoms, small can Plexus, wallet, extra cash,

DAMN...BETTER INSURE THE TANKBAG.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Be afraid. Be VERY afraid!

jpalamaro said:
Darn, I looked in mine. Scary! Cell Phone, Cell phone cord, iPod, S & W Trail Boss, speedloader, extra gloves, electronic covers, BMW/Cig. lighter adapter, camera, ear phones, Xantac's, Aspirins, wet rags in plastic bags, spare 378 cord, garage door opener, small pack Kleenex, sunscreen, small flashlight(LED), spare key, 2 gross condoms, small can Plexus, wallet, extra cash
SCARY IS RIGHT!!! :v:

Can we ban this guy now?!?! :D :D :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
jpalamaro said:
...2 gross condoms...
You know you cant use them over, just throw the gross ones away and keep some new ones! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I also forgot... in mine I keep a small tube of superglue gel, the ones that are enclosed in a plastic tube... I have used it several times and it takes little to no time.

Superglue is good for small broken stuff, closing cuts, etc... like Duct Tape but is much smaller!

·
Registered
838 Posts
messenger13 said:
SCARY IS RIGHT!!! :v:

Can we ban this guy now?!?! :D :D :D
Where I come from "gross" is synonymous with a "dozen". Perhaps that's what he means? 2 gross, would mean 24! Holy shit, look out girls, this man's a maniac with a big tank bag!

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SKIZIKS said:
look out girls, this man's a maniac with a big tank bag!
!!!!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I Knew I should Have Clarified

easyman05 said:
Would anyone believe that they stretch out significantly and are great as coverings to waterproof things such as electronic equipment? I DIDN'T THINK SO!

BTW a GROSS IS 12 DOZEN; NOT 24 BUT 288 (2 GROSS).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts