BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I bought a 2007-GT that came with a Tom Tom RiderII GPS and no instructions or mounts??? I got a wall power charger, case and blue tooth headset, that's all. The owner I bought the bike from had never used or mounted it. He bought the bike from someone in Florida and had it shipped west to Portland so no help there. Somewhere out there there is the rest of this unit.

Anyone here using one or know anything about them? I downloaded instructions but it seems this unit has been superseded by a newer version and there are no parts on Totm Tom's site.

Does it use a powered cradle? I have ram mounts but without a cradle I don's see how. I'd like to see if I could make use of the unit, it does turn on and finds where I am.

Any information or photos would be helpfull.

Bruce H

·
Registered
273 Posts
Bruce_H said:
A few weeks ago I bought a 2007-GT that came with a Tom Tom RiderII GPS and no instructions or mounts??? I got a wall power charger, case and blue tooth headset, that's all. The owner I bought the bike from had never used or mounted it. He bought the bike from someone in Florida and had it shipped west to Portland so no help there. Somewhere out there there is the rest of this unit.

Anyone here using one or know anything about them? I downloaded instructions but it seems this unit has been superseded by a newer version and there are no parts on Totm Tom's site.

Does it use a powered cradle? I have ram mounts but without a cradle I don's see how. I'd like to see if I could make use of the unit, it does turn on and finds where I am.

Any information or photos would be helpfull.

Bruce H

I used to have one, you can get passive or active cradles, as the name suggests the active cradle is the one which you can connect to the bike battery. The cradles are definately available in Europe,dont know about the US but I would have thought so.

Search Ebay for Rider II active mount.

Oh yeah, and the User Manuals are downloadable from Tom Toms website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I found one on E-Bay. Anyone have a picture of what it looks like from the front? Looks to me the one on E-Bay is from the back, not very good details. Can't see where/how the ram mount attaches. These don't seem to be as popular as a Zumo. I have two of those on my other bikes, I'd put this one on the GT if I can figurer it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts