BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, just got a TomTom Rider but wondering how best to fit it to my K1200RS. A friend of mine has an R1 and mounts his GPS to the headstock/top yolk via a mounting kit that fits into the hole in the steering head. Anyone know if a similar fixing is available for a 2001 K12RS?

·
Registered
19 Posts
TomTom

Just mounted the TomTom Rider. Not sure if I like its placement yet. But, the speedometer is visible when riding. Used an old mount from a Garmin III+ that I had, shortening it a little bit. The price in Germany is now down to 399 Euro for the Rider!

Dave
in Berlin

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
TomTom Rider on the K1200S

The BMW GPS mount comes in two parts. One is bike specific and fits to the battery cover on the "tank" the other is the upper bracket which clips to the tank mount and is locked in place with a little lever. EACH PART is £35!! But it does do a nice job and I think it was worth the cost.

The fixing holes are configured to the industry standard for GPS mounting so should fit most GPS mounts.

For the TomTom Rider, all I had to add was some 10mm thick spacers and longer screws.

Whaddya think?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts