BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grifscoots said:
Beautiful! Where's all the farkles?
Today, I finally order my BigMak tankbag and GPS rack. That will be here by the weekend. So you KNOW what I'll be doing this weekend. :)

Having said that...I do want to try to keep the GT looking as clean and as ACCESSORY-free as possible. But don't worry, there will be plenty to show and tell about at the "2006 CCR G-Tech Session". :) (Hey! I just made that up. Sounds cool, huh?) :coffee

·
Registered
68 Posts
100% fantastic
boy..... they did a super job
thanks for the great pictures

·
Registered
497 Posts
WOW THAT IS GREAT!

I was just working on getting mine done as well. What is the color number for the blue paint?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
49 Posts
messenger13 said:
As promised, pics of my color-matched top box.

* BUT BE WARNED!!! *

The pics below might just cost you some dough!
Joe,

Was there any problems matching the paint? I have had some problems matching the silver. The BMW code on the touch up paint does not match.

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
messenger13 said:
Today, I finally order my BigMak tankbag and GPS rack. That will be here by the weekend. So you KNOW what I'll be doing this weekend. :)

Having said that...I do want to try to keep the GT looking as clean and as ACCESSORY-free as possible. But don't worry, there will be plenty to show and tell about at the "2006 CCR G-Tech Session". :) (Hey! I just made that up. Sounds cool, huh?) :coffee
Man, it's gonna take you all weekend to install a tankbag and shelf? Sigh. OK, I'm going to be at Munson's tech session in Dallas, Saturday, bring it to me and I'll take care of it for you. :p

Now, G-Tech session is muy bueno!;)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bnblazer said:
What is the color number for the blue paint?
There's a sticker at the base of the fuel tank Tupperware that reads "997". But that alone is not how we got the paint to match so well. First, I took my battery compartment cover to my dealer, and he shipped it to the paint shop that mixes the BMW paint (can't recall it's real name). They mixed the paint and compared it to the battery compartment cover. I don't know if they had to tweak the formula, or not. Then, the paint and cover went back to my dealer. Then my dealer took the top box, the paint, and the battery compartment cover over to his painter. The end result is a PERFECT match. Right down to the clear coat and texture. I am TOTALLY impressed.

Procedure: a real PITA!
Total cost: $175 + tax.
End result: Priceless. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
WOW! that looks incredible. I'm definately getting mine painted. I hope my local paint shop do as good a job as that because it looks great. Best of all it looks smaller too :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Spud said:
Now box transferred to 07 modle.

AFAIK the '07 models still have the aluminium look top case lid. If GT / RT owners want a matching lid, they have to arrange for it to be painted themselves.

I had mine painted upon delivery:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts