BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear from anyone who has mounted a topbox on their S. I know the K12R has a luggage plate, but it won't mount to the S. I have also seen an aftermarket rear lugage plate that mounts to the S, but it looks like crap, and it has a clunky install/ removes grabrails, etc.

Thanks -

·
Registered
288 Posts
CD...it certainly doesn't have the capacity of a topbox but it looks a hell of a lot better...a few of us, including yours truly, are using a Chicane rear-seat bag. Straps nicely underneath the seat, contoured, there have been write-ups here on it with pics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zombiewolf said:
CD...it certainly doesn't have the capacity of a topbox but it looks a hell of a lot better...a few of us, including yours truly, are using a Chicane rear-seat bag. Straps nicely underneath the seat, contoured, there have been write-ups here on it with pics.

Chicane, cool, where can I find it, what site, vendor? You say it straps underneath the seat... Is it a rear trunk style bag?

I'll do a search, thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Chicane makes very high quality products at great prices. The owner is an RS rider and has designed some of his bags specifically around the RS. I use the Chicane Summit tailbag and love it.

I haven't seen it on an S, but, if you need a picture and zombiewolf can't provide, I can probably move it over to my friends S for a picture....just let me know.

Randy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
htheater said:
Chicane makes very high quality products at great prices. The owner is an RS rider and has designed some of his bags specifically around the RS. I use the Chicane Summit tailbag and love it.

I haven't seen it on an S, but, if you need a picture and zombiewolf can't provide, I can probably move it over to my friends S for a picture....just let me know.

Randy

Appreciated, thanks. Do you think the tailbag would work on the S, ie. attach?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Definitely works on the rear seat, I'll try to post a pic. Also since it sits in the slipstream, you don't have to worry about it coming off or loose, at any speed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, it will attach to any bike; it uses straps that go under the seat. I don't use the standard strapping.

The Summit was designed for the rear of an RS/GT as far as the size and contours, but is offered as a generic tail bag for any bike.

Pictures of it on my RS are attached.

Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
htheater said:
Yes, it will attach to any bike; it uses straps that go under the seat. I don't use the standard strapping.

The Summit was designed for the rear of an RS/GT as far as the size and contours, but is offered as a generic tail bag for any bike.

Pictures of it on my RS are attached.

Randy

Cool, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts