BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a top case that will fit on my Piedmont Red 2004 K1200GT. I have not been able to locate one thru a dealer. Any suggestions? Would like to have a quick release plate and ability to lock it. Thanks,

·
Registered
452 Posts
2ndChance said:
Looking for a top case that will fit on my Piedmont Red 2004 K1200GT. I have not been able to locate one thru a dealer. Any suggestions? Would like to have a quick release plate and ability to lock it. Thanks,
I have a black Givi E35 with baseplate, mounting arms and some of the hardware. It has the pillon backrest too. It locks.

I have pics somewhere if you're interested. Taking up space in my garage. it came directly off my 2004 KGT so it will fit for sure.

Let me know if you're interested,

Gravity

·
Registered
372 Posts
Givi is the way to go. I have a V46 on my GT and love it. It's big enough to hold two full-face helmets and comes off easily. I got just standard black but Givi has a range of colored lids for this box.

·
Registered
486 Posts
snapshot of BMW accessory catalogue

Go to MAX BMW online catalogue http://maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/fiche.asp. The right side of the page click on Accessories (33MB). It is a pdf. Go to page 72. It is pictured [5] at the bottom of the page with part numbers. Save the pdf for future reference.

It looks like this. It is large enough for a XXL full face helmet.

·
Registered
408 Posts
GT Top Case

I have a 04GT and I replaced my stock luggage rack with one from a company in France that permitted me to use a R1150RT top case on my GT. I had the topcase painted to match the bike and it worked out great. I also installed a one foot LED brake light on the top case lid for extra safety. I have a couple photos for you attached.

Merry Xmas.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hanshi,
Where did you get the bracket? Is it lockable with the ignition key? Very nice set up. Love the tall windshield and mirrors. Excellent ! Would like to do the same, if posible. Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts