BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone check their manual and give me the torque settings for the rear wheel lugs please...can't locate my manual and need to get the bike off the stands.

Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sport,

Rear wheel internal torx50: 60 Nm.

PS. Tthanks for the LED signal light info a while back... Worked great.

·
Registered
324 Posts
sportrider said:
Can someone check their manual and give me the torque settings for the rear wheel lugs please...can't locate my manual and need to get the bike off the stands.

Thanks!
as with all bolts, tighten until they break then back off 1/4 turn ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sport,

What are your thoughts on the aproved tire list. Im not trying to bring up a real hornets nest, I am just having problems finding a M-1with the special b rating. I was thinking of moving to the m-3, but would like to know what type of options I have.

I dont play to hard, but I do like lean a little. Any experience you have here would be great.

Thanks,

·
Registered
495 Posts
El_Barto said:
Sport,

What are your thoughts on the aproved tire list. Im not trying to bring up a real hornets nest, I am just having problems finding a M-1with the special b rating. I was thinking of moving to the m-3, but would like to know what type of options I have.

I dont play to hard, but I do like lean a little. Any experience you have here would be great.

Thanks,
Don't waste your time worrying about it. Go get a set of Pilot Power 2CT's. You won't look back.

·
Registered
302 Posts
ZX9,

Those seem to be relatively new tires. Do you have any info on total miles per set? I havent heard alot about them. I have had Road Pilots on my k12rs when I had it and loved them. I have heard good things about the Power Pilots, but dont have much info on the 2CT.

Thanks,

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
El_Barto said:
Sport,

Thanks,

I don't worry about using an approved list of tires from BMW - they are not going to test every brand on every model and so far I've run M1's, Z6's, Corsa III's and Avon Vipers with no ill effects.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Are there any from your list I should skip? I would like better milage, but I do not want any slipage worst than the M1s.

Thanks,

·
Registered
302 Posts
On the M1's that were approved they had a letter "B" after the company name. They also sold regular M1's. Did not see anybody that sold M3's that had the "B" rating.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just checked mine, there is no letter B. I've never heard of an approved "B" tire for this bike. As far as I know, Metzeler is just one of several approved tire vendors for the S.

Regardless, the tire so far is performing and wearing well, don't worry about the B, just buy the tire.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My dealer told me the "B" spec applies to bikes heavier than the K, like the RS or the older GT. So, I don't worry about it and have not had any issues...I'm 225 lbs too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks Sport,

I'm just nervous because the only tires I have had were M'1s B rated on the K12s. Sounds like I have some good options beyond the M1's.

Thanks,

·
Registered
302 Posts
13tay,

Yea it did. My dealer seems interested in only putting on "qualified tires" and since new I have only had B rated M1's. They are good tires, they just wear real fast. Changing my tires at the same time as oil is starting to get costly. I guess I should just suck it up. You wanna play you gotta pay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts