BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not one to leave well enough alone, I find myself drawn to the 06 S with free GPS and bags. There's just something sultry about the way it looks, compared with my 06 GT, which I'm enjoying quite a lot. Am I nuts to considering trading in the GT for an S? I'm good for 250 miles a day, tops. Don't really see myself crossing the country anytime soon — not with three kids. Are the ergos THAT different?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I recently had the KS. What a great bike! Fast, smooth, sporty looking as hell, responsive in every way. Loved it. However, the ergos killed me. BUT, that's just me. I have seen posts from many "older" than I am and ride longer distances without an issue. Probably should have accessorized with the bars and peg extenders. Would have helped... Realize that at that time I still owned the LT. So I had the best of both worlds.

IMHO, you can not go wrong with the S. Take one for a ride. You'll see for yourself. However that said, I love the new GT. It fits my body and my mission perfectly. Good luck.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've done the old KRS. Moved to the old KLT because it was taking too long to recover from long rides. Rode the KLT on 700 mile plus days without a problem but missed the freedom of the "sport" part of riding. Waited 12 years and now I own the 06 KGT. For me, it was worth the wait. While no one motorcycle is perfect, the new KGT really is the BEST of both worlds. I can't think of anything else I would rather have in my garage. :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, you're right. The GT fits me perfectly too. As much as I'd like to have an S, I already have the right bike. Thanks all.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Did I read that right? You can get a free GPS AND free bags on the S right now?

·
Registered
22 Posts
peteo said:
The GPS nav III is free to anyone buying a 2006 K1200S until 9/16/2006. The bags would have to be a dealer throw-in.

Yea, they just announced the free pannier deal sometime last week. However, as in the post above, it is only through 9/2, which doesn't leave people much time. BUT, an 06 ( probably at a good price ) AND nav 3 AND Panniers, now that's a deal!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts