BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 K75RT. Transmission has a knocking sound when idling in neutral. Sound disappears if clutch disengaged (handle pulled), so it's not the motor. It only does this when warmed up, not cold. I'd appreciate any comments/condolences from other folks who may have had this problem.
Thanks

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
bernoulli said:
1994 K75RT. Transmission has a knocking sound when idling in neutral. Sound disappears if clutch disengaged (handle pulled), so it's not the motor. It only does this when warmed up, not cold. I'd appreciate any comments/condolences from other folks who may have had this problem.
Thanks
Well...you may not like the answer, but it's the standard BMW "They all do that". It's not the transmission, it's the (dry) clutch. You get the same thing only louder with a dry clutch on a Ducati.

Now that BMW has bikes with wet clutches, I guess "They all do that" isn't 100% true anymore.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
But don't most Jap bikes have dry clutches and they don't sound noisy?

I thought it had a lot to do with the way they connected the crank to the clutch with those gears, because of the funny horizontal position they chose for the engine. :)

Take a vertical twin, horizontal 4 or 'V' and the crank connects directly to the clutch just about where you want it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts