BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the day has arrived for the journey to Colorado to visit my brother. :clap:
leaving southern Mississippi this morning.
hopefully the weather will not be bad. (rain in Louisiana and Texas)
nevertheless i am taking off for 2 weeks.
my brother has made plans for more adventure after i get up there.
suppose to be meeting up with fellow BMW riders in the area for a meet if i am not mistaken.
possibly someone here will see this post and meet up with us.
i believe Paonia, CO is one of the destinations.
please keep me in your prayers.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally made it to Denver.
the rain caused some delay during the ride.
had to slip into the rain suit twice.
rain and all i made it safe.
will be leaving to go to Paonia on thursday.

rhhall? how long will you be there in Paonia?
i will look for you. of course you may not get this message till you return home. :dunno:
anyhow i will look for your bike.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
enjoyed the rally at Paonia.
went on a 400 mile ride through some of the most spectacular country in the USA.
it was seven bikes total that we rode with.
i have never experienced such riding pleasure as i did the last two days. :clap:
hope to do it again next year.
should have a link to some pictures in the next few days.
will post the link when i get it.
ride safe...

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Sorry I missed you. I got back yesterday. I rode with some friends on Friday to Lake City, south of Blue Mesa reservoir. I didn't ride on Saturday, and am happy I didn't. The group I would have rode with had a rider go down, but she was only bruised. Her bike was totaled, though.

It's a great location, and a rally that I won't miss. Hopefully you had a chance to ride the Delores River Canyon (141) to Gateway, or Highway 92 to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, or perhaps over McClure Pass along the Crystal River. Some awesome roads!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeh, we did a 400 mile loop on saturday morning down to Delores, Gateway, by the Black Canyon of the Gunnison to Durango, thru Silverton, and back up to Paonia.
i looked for your bike but was not able to recognize it from your description.
i was on a black/graphite K12R with stock saddle bags, stock seat and aftermarket screen.
maybe we can meet next year. i understand the national rally will be held the week before in Gillette, WY. so, have been discussing the possibility of doing both rallies (1 day in WY) and the remainder time making our way to Paonia via Yellowstone and Tetons.
anyhow, things may change between now and then so we'll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got my route mixed up. should have been from Paonia to Ridgeway then to Delores, then Durango and so on. sorry.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
s2ride said:
yeh, we did a 400 mile loop on saturday morning down to Delores, Gateway, by the Black Canyon of the Gunnison to Durango, thru Silverton, and back up to Paonia.
i looked for your bike but was not able to recognize it from your description.
i was on a black/graphite K12R with stock saddle bags, stock seat and aftermarket screen.
maybe we can meet next year. i understand the national rally will be held the week before in Gillette, WY. so, have been discussing the possibility of doing both rallies (1 day in WY) and the remainder time making our way to Paonia via Yellowstone and Tetons.
anyhow, things may change between now and then so we'll see.
How did you manage to fix such a high rear bag? Is it attached to a topcase?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts