BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Saw A Tripple Clamp On E-bay From An R
Will It Fit My S Or Do I Need To Change Other Parts To Have It Fit
I Know That The Bars From The R Are Higher And Puuled Back A Little But Will I Clear The Gastank If I Put Such A Clamp On My S, Or Maybe Run Out Of Cable???

Stroker

·
Registered
45 Posts
stroker said:
I Know That The Bars From The R Are Higher And Puuled Back A Little But Will I Clear The Gastank If I Put Such A Clamp On My S, Or Maybe Run Out Of Cable???

Stroker
BMW of Santa Cruz provides a complete kit for this conversion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Heli

stroker said:
i find that the look's is not that good
I have a pair of the Heli's coming on Friday. I thought they looked good when compared to the other brand of risers. I don't think anyone will even notice they are not factory.

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
stroker said:

Stroker
I have not done it myself, but reviewed the swap with one of the riders, Sean I think it was, at MaxMoto. It is a straight swap. There really isn't much of a difference, although significant to the rider position, and so the cable length should not be an issue.

The R grip are higher and less angled back, so should not hit the tank. Can't speak to the front fairing at full lock though. I would imagine it could touch, but would be a problem when riding.

For those thinking of going the other way, K-S triple clamp on a K-R, the grips will squeeze your fingers at "full lock". Not a problem when riding, but can be a bit surprising maneuvering the bike around in the garage :wtf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts