BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on fitting a 1994 BMW K75 radiator cowl to my BMW K75RT ABS for a naked look and don't know where to go from here. I've currently got all the previous fairing removed and the accompanying holds. I'm only centimeters form a perfect fit but it seems like the radiator its self is what is keeping me from finish.

Is the radiator on the K75 RT mounted differently? How do I go about changing that? Can I even change it? Or is there another radiator fairing I should be looking for.
Any usable information appreciated.

This is the cowl/fairing/trim/guard I have.

free image hosting reviews

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon--- The fairing/radiator trim you have is from a K75T and will not fit to your tank in any way. You need to find a radiator trim from a K100 Standard. It is a 3 piece set up that will attach almost perfectly to your gas tank. The other option would be to find a gas tank from a K75T or C model. It is shaped just a little different than the RT tank and has 2 prongs on the front of tank that fit into holders on the top of your radiator cover . Doing the naked thing is great but it is a major pain in the butt to get it done. Almost easier to find a K75 T. Hope you have success in your search. Jim

·
PsyKotic Waterfowl
1,353 Posts
K75RTs have a K100 gas tank and radiator. That's because the fairing design is derived from a K100RT/LT. It's also why the radiator hose doesn't go through the crank cover like it does on the other K75 models.

If you want to use a K75C, T(which is really a C variation) or standard cowl then you'll need to replace the tank with a K75 tank (with two prongs as noted in an earlier post) and also swap in a K75 radiator and hoses.

A standard K100 radiator cowl should work with the K75RT tank and radiator but you'll be hard pressed to find one since there weren't too many of those made/sold.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you replace just the radiator, does the k75 cowl still line up with the k75rt tank, leaving you with just the prongs to sort out? not looking forward to buying a new tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts