BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have HellI bars on it now. I was trying to see if others have gone through the extent of A taller set up And was happy with it Comfort outweighing the cost that’s all

·
Registered
70 Posts
As long as you like the width (because width makes a big difference to feel) and they are as stiff as the original i can't see a problem.
It looks very different without the cover/surround thing over the triple clamp.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have the that very setup on my 06 K12s. I also had a friend (machinist by trade) make some one inch risers to lift the handlebar by that amount. Aside from the very high price for the conversion it makes the bike's ergos a bit easier on my personal framework. If you are wanting to sit upright a bit more this is the best looking (imo) and most effective setup you can get!
Jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Jim that sounds good to me I think in time that’s what I will do I may ride it a bit more the way it is for under 100 mile loops it’s fine with the other bikes I have that’s probably all I would use it for anyway but With my back I think it would be better to get up higher. This is nine of the 15 screws and brackets in my back

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have similar hardware in my back and the Wunderlich handlebar conversion allows me to ride comfortably. The seat is the time limiting factor for me, not the back.
Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts