1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This set up works for me in cold weather riding:

- Tall/comfort screen.

- Pegs in high position.

- Bar lowering adapters (from a -98 KRS) with bars all the way forward.

- No hand wind deflectors (wont work with bars all the way down and forward and don't need with the bars forward).

- Tall heated GT seat.

The set up tucks me into a relatively quiet pocket of air.

The lean forward position makes the bike more sensitive to rider input.

Only other improvement might be a laminar lip.

I'm 5' 10", 180 lbs.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
....will The Krs Adapters Fit An 04kgt?...i Know That You Have To Remove The Wind Deflectors...they Really Didnt Do Any Good Anyway...but Sure Would Like To Make The Bike A Little More Sensitive...or Do You Know What Would Work? I Saw A Chop Job Somewhere To Recut The Barbacks But I Dont Think I Want To Hack Up My Bike....thanks!....rubber Up

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Larry... Just Went To Your Web Site......man Am I Stupid!!!!!....the Gas Hose Thing You Talked About....i Top Off Twice A Day On The Way To Work And When I Leave...about A Gal Plus Each Time....never Thought About The Gas Hose!! And The Meter Chamber Being Full Of Reg....man Thanks!!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My recollection is that they will.

The RS had two bar adapters. The '98 version put the bars even with or in front of the fork tubes. The later comfort version, called bar risers, put the bars at or behind the fork tubes.

Suggest you confirm that these will work on the GT. Both will allow you to move forward. However, the high bar risers can be used with the hand protection guards on the GT.

Let us know what you find out.

BTW, there should be a lot of the '98 versions out there as many people went to bar backs on that model. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Winter rideing positions

I agree that the tall windshield is mo better in winter, it helps keep the bugs off. Heated seats???????? why would you want a sweaty butt? On my ride last sunday it did cool off to the low 70's in the Mts. But good news I was able to warm back up after I got back down into the lower desert 86 degrees on the 86 hwy. Life is good in S.D. So. Cal

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I have a more upright ride position on my '97 K. Although I find being in the wind much quieter (screen low), in Winter, I pop up the screen to move the icy blast up from my neck to the top of my helmet (yes that's why the noise comes back). The only downside is the handguards don't work anymore with bar risers.

In Summer, flipping the screen up cools my hands and sends bugs over the top. In rain, screen up, less water hits my visor but my helmet ventilation is poor. I have a lip which works well at some speeds but not at others. I concluded a long time ago that the screen rake good for stability, was too steep and the screen too narrow for perfect rider comfort and I prefer the stock look of the bike the way it is.

Oh well, nothing's perfect in life!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts