BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't ask me why this flipped the k13 ones

if you go on long trip with a full load and do a tank at 125mph plus having the tyre temp display on is a nice little safety feature, its a tick box exercise in the instrument "kombi" using motoscan device

·
Registered
165 Posts
2.6 bar = 37.7 psi and 2.9 bar = 42 psi, pretty much where you want your tire pressure to be.

How can tire temp be reported if the pressure sensor only transmits pressure (or does it)?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
on all vehicles they have always transmitted both temp and pressure

the temp is used by the vehicle so it can throw a few lies to keep the readings more stable in cold weather / high tyre temps... so you think all's good with the world

seems only BMW bother to write (then don't use) the software for the extra display. its a tick box in the instrument cluster "kombi" that you can turn on using the motoscan app. Dealers inform me their own tools can't enable it.

On their cars its a bit like ave MPG, the digital speedo or even the real sat nav derived speed, which can be turned on, if you know how

KTM using the same sensors are too stupid to allow you to turn on tyre temp. And with the world all being run by your grandmother.... why they haven't limited engine output in the rain via a sensor or due to cold tyres from the TPMS I don't know. Both would be far more sensible than anti wheelie or anti stoppie ever could be (and that utter rubbish is undefeatable on most brands !!!!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this tread has thrown my TPMS T pictures away again....

easy to add to the site almost impossible to add to the posts - why?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts