BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a brake warning light comes on on a K12GT doe's it need a computer reset to turn it off.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
That depends on which software version you have, and whether the sensor has been repaired or replaced.

First, are the brake pad wear sensors (front and rear) still giving continuity, or is the wire broken or worn through somewhere? If it's broken, then it needs to be replaced, or just jumpered out at the plug.

If the sensor is good (or bypassed), then later versions of the software will reset the light after getting up to speed and braking a few times (normal riding ought to do it).

If you're still running an earlier software version, then you have to either have the dealer reset it, or get a GS-911 tool to reset it yourself.

And no, there's no easy way to tell what version of software you currently have, besides going to a dealer or hooking up a GS-911 . . . :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
My brake pad warning light comes on every now and then, even though I unhooked both sensors and tied them up and out of the way of anything.

I read somewhere on this site months ago that getting up to 50 MPH or better and then tapping the front brake 3 times consecutively should clear the light.......if you have the right software as Meese has mentioned.

For my bike, and whatever reason, "normal" riding won't reset the light for me. I always have to pull the front brake lever slighty 3 times consecutively to get it to turn off for me.

There must be a short somewhere in my pad warning system but I'm not inclined to tear the bike down to find the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts