BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in the morning I'm taking the new GT up to play on the side roads near Blowing Rock and the BRP. Plan is nice and easy, but I know me. I'll probably wick it up quite a bit before the rains come.

So anyway, do any of you 'exuberant' riders notice a material handling difference with the bags off or on? I'm not carrying much, rainsuit, extra gloves, water camera & power bars. So it's really only the weight of the bags themselves.

I don't plan on dragging pegs at all/much so it's more the flickability factor I care about.

Anybody ride both ways, so to speak?

·
Registered
650 Posts
BCC said:
So, in the morning I'm taking the new GT up to play on the side roads near Blowing Rock and the BRP. Plan is nice and easy, but I know me. I'll probably wick it up quite a bit before the rains come.

So anyway, do any of you 'exuberant' riders notice a material handling difference with the bags off or on? I'm not carrying much, rainsuit, extra gloves, water camera & power bars. So it's really only the weight of the bags themselves.

I don't plan on dragging pegs at all/much so it's more the flickability factor I care about.

Anybody ride both ways, so to speak?
I would be very surprised if you can pick the difference if they are empty. These GTs have so much flickability anyway that even when Im loaded it corners by itself.

If you dont need them and take em off you will have a few less sets of boot marks on them for when you do need them.

Enjoy the ride!!

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
I notice a difference. You didn't ask the question, but the difference is especially noticeable for the 49 liter top case on vs. off.

I love to ride with all the cases off. 'Gives me tingles just thinking about it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
No

BCC said:
They weigh 13 pounds each empty. I don't notice any difference.

Norris Cooper Andover Kansas USA
06 K1200GT- one of the three fastest colors for 06
93 K1100RS- yellow, not as fast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts