BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposed to leave Friday Morning, weather permitting for Lexington, VA....

Riding out to load wifes remaining stuff and bring her back home. Bike will ride in back of U-Haul truck on trip back.

Will be running I-30 / I-40 / I-81. Hoping to make Nashville first day, then into Lexington on day 2..

Looking forward to some uninterrupted road miles on the GT.

May the rain gods be gone !

·
Registered
342 Posts
Jim ride that bike around in Va before you leave. Lexington has easy access to some great roads. You can head east on Rt 60 to Buena Vista, stay on Rt 60 and go over the Blue Ridge mountains. Rt 60 gets very curvy, the road is in great shape, it is a K12RS dream. Ride out to RT 151 from there and to RT 56 going West back toward the Blue Ridge, Rt 56 is fun lots of curves, the road is a bit rougher, but fun. At the top of the Blue Ridge get on the Blue Ridge Parkway south to RT 501. Go back West on Rt 501 along the river towards Glasgow and back to Buena Vista. You will have a blast and use the sides of your tires.
Also if you have time you can leave Lexington out toward Goshen, to the west/north on Rt 39. Have a blast.

·
Registered
106 Posts
EzyMount said:
Supposed to leave Friday Morning, weather permitting for Lexington, VA....

Riding out to load wifes remaining stuff and bring her back home. Bike will ride in back of U-Haul truck on trip back.

Will be running I-30 / I-40 / I-81. Hoping to make Nashville first day, then into Lexington on day 2..

Looking forward to some uninterrupted road miles on the GT.

May the rain gods be gone !
Jim,

I left Big D in May of last year at 6:00 AM and was in Knoxville by 7:30 Eastern time. Nashville was not fun at rush hour but, other than that, it's smooth sailing. You'll make Nashville easy.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts