BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out where to mount the tax disk holder on this 97 K12RS. It's just a standard holder I have which bolts to the bike. Can't see anywhere on the front wheel as the bolts are recessed, thought about the space in front of the gear shifter but I think it will foul the linkage. Any ideas?

( Could get a holder to stick inside the screen I suppose. )

Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tax disk holder location.

Know what you mean about getting the disk nicked. Don't agree with road tax anyways, it's just a PITA and £60 a year is insignificant against what we all pay in fuel duty/tax. Think I might go for a screen stick on holder mounted at the very bottom.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have mine attached below ignition switch - I think on bolt attaching ignition but too dark to cjeck it jut now! A cautionary note here - was fitted here when I bought the bike, a couple of months later did quick U-turn in road, followed by smoke rising from below tank - couldn't see anything and bike ran fine but lights were confused (on all the time, even when ignition off and then rear light would not work - this was at nigt in middle of National Rally). Later stripped plastic and tank off to find ignition wires all melted together - caused by wires having been stretched around tax disk holder! Had to rewire ignition (with longer wires!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tax Disc Holder

When I Recently Bought My Bike From The Dealer, This Was A Complaint By Them Also. Apparently As They Dont Have Tax Discs In Germany Its Not Something Thats High On Their Agenda!.
Anyway I Found The Ideal Spot, Which Was On The Rear Of The Pannier Rail, Underneath Where My Topbox Is, This Is Out Of Sight Of The Casual Passerbye
And Also The Worst Of The Weather. Another Advantage Is That To Fit It Is Pretty Awkward, Hence Nicking It Is Awkward As Well!

Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll give that a look Neil, can you post a photo mate?

Got the disk holder mounted on the exhaust bracket but it gets covered in crap and vibrates at tickover

Stuart

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tax Disk

When I picked mine up it was fitted on the front fork using one of the Torx screws that holds the front mudguard.

It was in a sealed alloy (can't spell Aluminium) case with about 8 screws, any thief would have to work hard.

Dibbley

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have mine mounted in the same place as Neil left hand side under the Givi mount in one of the waterproof bolt up holder
Frank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts