BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Absolutely

I can't think of a better looking bike either. Love my GT. For me, the only bike that comes close is an MV Agusta F4. I really like the Pacific Blue paint on the RS. I have the same on my R1200C and there isn't a better BMW color.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i love the looks of my RS and i thought it would have been nice to have the "S" engine onboard an "RS" frame then you'd have the best looking bike with the best performance. the "S" looks OK but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the RS

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'd have to agree. The bike isn't too sharp-cornered, pointy or boxy, nor is it too rounded. Just right.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
S engine onboard an RS frame

wellcraft said:
i love the looks of my RS and i thought it would have been nice to have the "S" engine onboard an "RS" frame then you'd have the best looking bike with the best performance. the "S" looks OK but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the RS
Reminds me of when I had my 2001 RT. We used to say, "I just wish I could have my RT with the K1200RS engine in it." Actually, I'd STILL like to have that bike. We always want something else that BMW doesn't make, right? BMW must go nuts trying to figure us out.

·
Registered
828 Posts
agreed

I would have to agree, but I think we are all biased!!!!

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hmmm

I think looking straight on at the K1200S it has the edge over the KRS, however the side view of the KRS is pure poetry. I still look back at the bike every time I walk away. No other bike has ever done that for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
agreed

Gareth said:
I think looking straight on at the K1200S it has the edge over the KRS, however the side view of the KRS is pure poetry. I still look back at the bike every time I walk away. No other bike has ever done that for me!
I have to agree with you on the RS bike. It really looks great!

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Gareth said:
Well, I liked the looks of the GT/RS so much I bought one. That said, I do think both the S and the R look better from the rear (with the bags off anyway). From the front and side it's neck and neck with the GT/RS probably looking better than the S from the side and S looking a tad better from the front. The R has a look all it's own, you love the funky looks or you don't! I've grown to like them. It's different that's for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also appreciate the looks of the 'Classic' RS......but...if I need another bike....I at least will test-ride the new k-bike....just to say that I rode one......but I will not displace my RS from the garage.....ever.....:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I remembered an ad in BMWMOA- forget what dealer or company it was for, but it showed two black KRS's in the rain going thru a sweeper- beautiful bike! I gotta admit, I looked at the KRS over and over and finally called a dealer near me, found an '04 zebra and bought it over the phone, couldnt sit still all weekend and had to beg the dealer to open on monday so I could drive down and get it. Looked at the S and the R while I was there, only once. The KRS is beautiful- and I typically dont like BMW bike styling since they dropped the R69S.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
I love the look of my '98.

But..........

IMO, the best looking bike BMW ever built was the K1100RS.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey that looks great

allikanbe1 said:
I have to agree with you on the RS bike. It really looks great!

Gotta love the Zebra....now all ya need is a smoked screen!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
K1200rs..

I found my "new" wrecked 1999 KRS while looking at a couple of Kawasaki Concours.. never saw an RS before that day.. fell head over heels in love with it and took it home shortly after. ;) Took all of her skin off :eek: as she had been down from a previous owner.. :( and couldn't even ride.. til last Saturday that is.. all I can say is HOLY COW!!! that thing is awesome .. The looks are great.. the ride is better.. i can barely wait til it is road ready again. I have replaced all of the friction altered tupperware.. and have a new HyperPro steering damper on order... the old one being totally worn out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm torn between the K-RS and the R1100S.....

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
KRS Beauty

No doubt about the beauty of the RS, especially when you compare them to the new "stealthy, military style shoe-boxes" BMW is coming out with. I say to BMW, quit trying to copy Japan. Old styles vs. new styles is like comparing Pinnin Farina design to a Chevette. The RS lines Flow from front to back, the new GT lines Fall from top to bottom......just me though. The new GT's are, in this writers opinion, butt ugly. They may grow on me in another six to eight years. I agree with Gareth when he states "no other bike has done that for me". I love the looks of the Moto-Guzzi's, the new Morge 1200 is beautiful. All in all, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder........................especially at 2am. :eek:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
shook sez said:
the best looking bike BMW ever built was the K1100RS.
Gotta agree with Tim. At least the best looking one I've ever owned was the black/silver '96 K1100RS. Wanted to duplicate the paint scheme on the K12RS, but the lines weren't there.

Take a look:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts