BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought a 2008 K1200GT to replace my crashed one, and it came with riders lowering pegs, which are nice, since they give you a little more legroom, very little. While this is OK, they positioned my feet such that it was hard to reach the shift lever or foot brake lever. This was noticeable enough that I completely missed the brake lever a few times in panics and this caused some increased "pucker" factor.

I was perusing the Wunderlich catalog online and found the answers to my problems. Bigger IS Better in this case, and Wunderlich provides several ways to enlarge your attachements.

I chose three items: Shifter enlargement, brake pedal enlargement and since the stock side stand is hopelessly small and suffering side stand envy when in the presence of Harleys I bought the side stand enlargment too.

All three were installed in a total of 15 minutes, and they all work great. I recommend to anyone that has $145 bucks burning a hole in there wallet. They are nicely machined out of aluminum and steel.

Here's a link to the Wunderlich page with all the K1200GT toys:

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=WA&Category_Code=K1200GT06-X

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well, I can't speak for the rear brake extender since I never use it, but I did order a similar shift lever extension from Jerry over at The Pirates' Lair. Haven't missed a shift yet.

I like that side stand enlarger as the footprint on this bike is ridiculous. Really appreciate the link to the Wunderlich site, too.

David

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have been using the sidestand foot enlarger for some time. Beautifully machined product and works as you would expect.

I will caution you however, that during aggressive riding it is possible to scrape it on the pavement. It becomes the second thing to touch down quickly following the feelers under the footpegs.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
SKIZIKS said:
I have been using the sidestand foot enlarger for some time. Beautifully machined product and works as you would expect.

I will caution you however, that during aggressive riding it is possible to scrape it on the pavement. It becomes the second thing to touch down quickly following the feelers under the footpegs.
Yup, +1 on this. Been there done that. Even scraped off a piece of one of the screws that hold it on. Seems to be holding on well though I did load it up good with super duper loc tite.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Robert_W said:
Yup, +1 on this. Been there done that. Even scraped off a piece of one of the screws that hold it on. Seems to be holding on well though I did load it up good with super duper loc tite.
Well, I'm a +2, but with worse results. Although a very needed product, mine scraped hopelessly for a short while and was ground down a bit before it departed the bike somewhere on a mountain road. My own version is on the "to do" list soon...(The screws were loctited but to no avail...)

·
2 heads are better than 1
284 Posts
Does the sidestand still fully retract with the bigger foot on it?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DavidTaylor said:
Does the sidestand still fully retract with the bigger foot on it?
Yes, it does.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The sidestand "enlarger" is really a great addition when parking on a gravel pull out when the gravel proves looser than expected. I like it and drag my boots before it does due to lack of style/talent.

·
Registered
144 Posts
big foot

this was one of the first things I got to make the bike perfect. The other things were:
a real horn
another power outlet direct to the battery (use a normal Battery tender, etc)
lowered passenger pegs for normal size adults
higher wind screen
protector for stupid expensive head light
new or recovered seat
maybe something else I have forgotten
:clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts